Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Someone Just Gave Me An Out...

As you know, I am beyond done with living with Julie. I have tolerated her bullshit because the rent has been pretty cheap ($650/mo. including utilities) and I have been able to bank a little bit of money. Well, now that she has had to refinance her interest-only mortgage with the three-year ARM, she has now decided to try to soak me. So her offer on the table is $700/month + 1/3 utilities. I told her that I would crunch the numbers while I was in Pennsylvania this weekend and get back to her.

I don't plan to crunch the numbers very hard. What she doesn't know is that I have already been poking around on Craig's List and whatnot, and I know that there are cheaper places with almost the same amenities that I have here. Another truth is that I don't have a lease and I can leave when I want. So when I get back I will be giving notice that I will pay that for one month, and then I will be out by the end of February.

Julie doesn't realize just how much I want to get out of this living arrangement, and she has now given me a way out in which I come through smelling like a rose. I can now get out because she perceives me as not being able to afford it, not because she is (as my good friend Sean put it) an "evil succubus."

I like the word "succubus" to describe Julie. I also like "harridan," "fucking cunt," "bitch," and "Tweedle Dumber."

Cleo (aka "Tweedle Dumb") was sitting there through the entire conversation, and said nothing. Believe it or not, he was once my landlord, and didn't put me through nearly all of this. He and I could have had a really nice life together if he would just be true to himself. His nickname "Cleo" is because most of the world knows that he is gay, but he won't admit it. So he is "Cleopatra, Queen In Denial", or just "Cleo" for short. I did have feelings for him at one point, but I am over that after all these years with Julie in the picture. But since he is controlled by Julie constantly, he had no say in this, and he just sat there like a stone.

I still want Cleo in the picture of my life. He has been my friend for over a decade now, and I don't want to lose that. I just have to figure out how to distance myself from Julie and keep Cleo around. But that is the topic for another time.

If I haven't stabilized my weight with the way I have been eating recently, then I am in trouble. I ate less than 1300 calories today. So if I do this for the next two days, I sure hope to be at 160 pounds or so by Saturday. I will exercise every bit of willpower I can muster to stay on plan, and stay off the scale. I have been driving myself crazy wondering how much I have gained or lost, though. But how could I have gained? I have eaten reasonably all week so far, and I have walked four days this week; and I plan to walk tomorrow and Friday as well. So I just need to chill out.

No comments: