Let's start by my saying that I really am tired of people complaining about how cold it is.
This morning was the coldest it has been all year. I bundled up and headed out to start my car, having agreed to take Julie to her doctor's appointment (buttering her up before lowering the boom). But all people could talk about was how cold it has been.
Last year at this time, we were having a weird warm spell, being over seventy degrees. People were flipping out and sounding the alarms about how we should feel bad that we were having that nice weather, since it was a sign of global warming. I know that global warming is a problem, but sometimes we get unusually warm weather during the winter. It happens.
But complaining about cold weather in January makes as much sense as complaining about the hot weather in August.
Don't get me wrong: I hate winter with a passion. I hate the possibility of having to drive in the snow, and I really don't like having to wear three layers of clothing in order to go outside. I also prefer to wear shorts on my day off, which I simply can't do during cold weather. I also don't like this business of it getting dark before six. And by February, I am so done with winter that I can hardly see straight; and that's when the worst of the winter weather happens.
But I know that I shouldn't complain about how cold it is, unless it was like last Easter when it was colder than it was on Christmas.
I am visiting my family this weekend in Pennsylvania. Tomorrow is my first Saturday off since the 29th of October (when I was also in PA), and I have a three-day weekend. I hope to get out of here good and early so I can get up there with as much day to spare as possible. I will also discuss my living situation with my uncle, who owns some apartments. As a landlord, he should have some knowledge of landlord/tenant rights. So we will see how that goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment