Yesterday, I expected things to be bad with Julie. And I was not disappointed in the least.
Julie decided that instead of staying in and seeing "Hairspray," she wanted to go to the theatre to see "Enchanted." She said that she would buy me my ticket if I bought her lunch. So here is how it was: a long time ago, Mattress Mark gave her a pile of gift certificates from a movie theatre, and she used these. So I had to lay out about $20 (to feed myself and her) and she laid out no money at all. Sounds like a fair trade to me...NOT!
We then went into the theatre, where she ordered a popcorn. Then she told the clerk that she wanted half of the bag filled, then butter on it, and then butter after the rest of the bag is full. Then she tried to use an American Express gift card, which didn't work. By then, I was getting steamed, and asked her why she had to make a scene, and she accused me of being judgmental because she isn't afraid to ask for what she wants. She said that we don't have to go out anymore if that's how I feel. I played it sorry and told her that we can still go out. But in my mind, all I thought was: that can be arranged, you goddamn fucking self-important cunt!
The movie was pretty good, but I wished I wasn't there. All I can think about anymore is moving. The way she is going on about her mortgage refinance, she is also talking about raising my rent. No matter what it is, I am going to tell her that I am going to have some major trouble affording it, but if I could stay month-to-month while I look for something cheaper. I have GOT to get away from her for good!
We got home, and discovered that the books I had ordered had arrived, as had my medication. I know I shouldn't be excited about getting my prescription, but this was a major hassle from the word go, and now that I have my medication, the stress of it is now over. I left her and Cleo to their own devices, and went to the grocery store and got a piece of cake. Before anyone thinks I have lost my mind, in addition to the cake, all I had eaten was my sandwich and popcorn, two graham crackers, and a kabob platter from the food court before the movie. And I did walk yesterday morning.
I walked this morning as well. As I did on Sunday, I got up really early and got to the mall to walk for an hour before starting my shift. And although I finished the day with sugar-free pudding and two more graham crackers, I finished up the day at 1525 calories. I am working day shifts the next three days, and provided the weather agrees with me, I will be right on plan with eating and exercise. I will then weigh myself on Saturday morning, and let's see if I can get my weight back to where it needs to be. I want as low a reading as possible on Saturday morning, as I am going to see my family this coming weekend.
Tomorrow we are supposed to have snow showers in the morning. This could throw a monkey wrench into my trip to work, as a little snow can wreak havoc on the roads. So I am getting up earlier than usual to make sure I have plenty of time to get to work (and, if I get there early enough, I still might have time for my work day Civility). So I am going to end this entry here, and I wish everyone a nice night.
No comments:
Post a Comment