Friday, May 1, 2009

The $2243.27 Ding!


I am sitting here, watching a "Dan Box" movie (another coming-of-age gay movie called "Wild Tigers I Have Known"), and just marveling at the estimate to repair my car. I am so glad that my uncle's insurance is taking care of it. It should be ready within the next week.

On Wednesday, I called Diane, and she invited me over for dinner, where we had crock-pot pork and sauerkraut. TJ made a salad and I made the sugar-free pudding. It turned out to be cooked pudding, so I got a crash course on how to prepare it. It was a good dinner, and although I felt stuffed, there weren't a whole lot of carbs, and it was low fat. So hopefully I did all right.

I have also held the line at eating since then. The one stumbling block will be Sunday, when I have that party for my former boss. I hope that they will understand if I don't eat too much. But I don't want to get any more weight onto me.

I have not heard from Justin in two days. I wonder what is going on with that. Only time will tell.

I have started to get accustomed to my rental car. I still haven't figured out how one backs it up in a tight parking spot, but I might not have to.

My sister-in-law finally emailed me yesterday, with general updates, and continuing to give me excuses. The only response was my sending her the photos of my "souvenir" from my trip to PA, with the comment, "In the battle between the SUV and the compact car, the compact car lost." No response, naturally.

That's all for now; let's continue the movie.

Eric Out.

No comments: