And of course, I am doing laundry on Saturday night.
However, I am off on Wednesday, so on Tuesday night, I am going to attempt to go out. As scared as I am to do anything, I guess I need to force myself, or else this blog is going to be frightfully boring and even more repetitive than it already is.
I had no problem with staying in tonight until I saw someone from work changing into casual clothes in the restroom tonight. I asked him where he was heading, and he said he was heading to the city to "hang out" (fill in the blanks as you wish). So this sets me thinking about the fact that I need to get out more.
Exacerbating this is a rather insensitive comment uttered by Cleo last night. I was looking over the changes to my health insurance (all of which are expensive and more than a little irritating), and I sarcastically told Cleo and Julie that I felt like I should move to Canada because not only do they have socialized medicine, I can get married there. Cleo's comment? "First you have to find someone." Nice.
So we are starting slowly, by my heading out on a Tuesday night. I should go somewhere other than Freddie's, though. Perhaps I should venture into the city and "hang out". I doubt that there will be any blanks to fill in. The previously mentioned fella is tall and good looking. I am neither.
Work has been rough, with the unpredictable one having major issues with my mentioning that I could pass the time with my new copy of Instinct. I was taken aback by the reaction; I had not referred to any of the contents, just the title, and our friend flipped out on me. Oh brother.
I am off tomorrow, and I had better get out of this house really early. I might catch an early showing of "Up" at Tysons. We will see where the day takes me, because I could also go downtown to see "Little Ashes." I had a good time going there a few weeks ago when I went to see "Outrage."
As we lumber into June, I am hoping that I will have a drama-free month. So far, I am 0 for 5 in 2009. Let's see what happens.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment