First, if I can get through this whole car episode without an ulcer, I will be a happy man.
I went out today to find that the side-view mirror of my rental car had been folded back. I got to Dulles Town Center to discover a ding in the rear seat door that had not been there last night. So of course this gives me a great deal of anxiety. Will they notice? Will they hold me responsible? It's not my fault that my neighbors have clumsy kids. I don't know why I am really nervous: I did nothing to it, and what's done is done, and I will have to deal with the consequences.
Hoping against hope that this living nightmare would be coming to an end, I called the auto body shop and asked for the status of my car repairs. They told me that the car would probably be ready tomorrow. I hope so. I want this chapter of my 2009 closed, and for this aspect of my life to go back to normal.
And then we have the Amazing Disappearing Boyfriend. On Saturday, I gave in and texted him and he asked me why I hadn't called. Basically, I told him that I had been depressed and didn't want to drag him down. So now he has taken that as an excuse to ignore me. I have received next to no communication from him (only a couple of two and three-word text messages), and I am checking his MySpace page to see if he has changed his status to "single" again. He hasn't. When can I say "enough" and no longer want to see him? I still do. What is my problem?
I am supposedly meeting my father for lunch and a movie tomorrow; I have wanted to introduce him to Reston Kabob for a while now, and this might be a chance to do just that. We are supposed to see "Wolverine". Hugh Jackman...yummy!
And of course, the usual work anxieties that come with having two days off are here. When I'm not there, who knows how I am getting trashed.
So, let's review, in four words: ERIC IS A MESS. Yet somehow, I have not reacted by eating. In fact, I had my usual breakfast, then ate half a bag of popcorn before throwing the rest out. Either I am really gung-ho about sticking to my diet and getting my weight back to where I happy, or I am so stressed that I don't want to eat, even though I am starving right now. Either way, the ends justify the means.
Let's hope the next entry will be a little more upbeat.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment