Yawn.
Believe it or not, I don't enter every single one of these contests that Instinct has on its website. I only enter when either (1) I particularly want the prize, or (2) I have an opinion about the question they ask. For instance, I didn't enter the giveaway for a season of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" because I never watched the show and didn't care.
But I entered this week's contest; the prize is for a movie called "Blueprint", which is supposedly a really nice love story that doesn't have a gratuitous sex scene. The question was: do gay movies tend to default to sex scenes? My answer: DUH!
I phrased it a little more diplomatically. But yes, they do, especially to add length to a movie with a weak story. I wonder how many DVDs I have to win before the kind souls at Instinct send me an IRS Form 1099 so I can declare my winnings on my taxes.
Work has been the usual, with Coworker #1 being nice as pie to me yesterday and a nightmare to me today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Julie and Elaine are going to our friend Melissa's house tomorrow (I say "our" friend, even though Julie has no clue that we have kept in touch all these years). I cannot wait to hear about this weekend from Melissa.
Julie is extremely jealous of Melissa; ever since they entered my frame of reference, every time Melissa does something, Julie has to do it as well. This first showed itself way back in 2003 when Melissa and Matt got a pillow-top mattress, and Julie got one a few weeks later by "borrowing" the money from her cousin; for this reason, he will always be referred to as "Mattress Mark". Melissa is a dedicated vegetarian and has been for years, and Julie has been trying to emulate her as long as I have known them, and has failed. My prediction? After this weekend, Julie will be attempting to become a vegetarian again. Great. If this happens, I will never go to the grocery store with Julie again.
Elaine, Julie, Cleo, and I went to Famous Dave's for dinner tonight. I have noticed recently that whenever anyone makes a joke to indicate that Cleo might be gay, he always starts getting very grabby with Julie. On Sunday, I made the joke that the folks at Red Robin will probably think we are two gay couples, and it started. Tonight, he just started getting really affectionate with Julie in the middle of Famous Dave's. Like I said before, CLEO! YOU'RE NOT FOOLING A DAMN SOUL! COME OUT ALREADY!
But that is the latest and greatest of the last couple of days. So we are done here.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment