Unfortunately, things are starting to click a little too late.
Last night was, as usual, my bowling night. We bowled a team that we hadn't bowled before. This team consists of two twinky white boys and a great big black woman, and they call themselves the Vanilla Oreos. The last time we were to bowl against them, they had pre-bowled, so I really hadn't had any dealings with them.
It turns out that they were a fun duo (their third wasn't there). I had more fun with them than I did with my own teammates. And after we were done bowling for the night (my scores were 99, 108, and, somehow, 142), I wound up sticking around and chatting a little bit with them after Hub and Jeff headed out.
As I went over to say goodbye to Bob (and offered to bring the raffle consolation prize in two weeks), I noticed a lot of people were saying goodbye to me, and Marlene (the 74 year-old straight woman who the league keeps as a pet) said that they would miss me next week. I thought that was sweet of her.
It is not in my nature to be optimistic about anything. However, I am wondering if things are finally starting to work. And why did it finally happen with only four or five weeks left in the season?
So, if some people have finally figured out that I am indeed not the Antichrist, then even if Jeffrey and Hubert want me off the team and are phasing me out by bringing in a fourth bowler next year, perhaps I can find another team.
I am getting a little bit antsy now that I have finished day six of my eight-day stretch before I have myself a break. While the one who usually starts trouble right before I go on vacation has not been stirring the pot (and is off tomorrow), I am being cautious about how I go about everything until the second I clock out and leave the building on Thursday night.
I have already warned everyone that at six o'clock on Thursday, they need to get out of the way or risk my knocking them over. This is my first vacation since October. I'm way overdue, to the point that I am maxed out on vacation hours.
Preparations have begun for my upcoming trip. I got my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed after work tonight, so I don't look like a sheepdog with a unibrow anymore. I have done one load of laundry so it can hang dry and be ready to pack by Friday. I still need to tidy the Batcave, pack, and all that fun stuff.
Perhaps I should also call my aunt (who is camping) and ask if I should bring a great big bag of Matdongsan for them. It seems I am trying to push this snack on everyone. It is also what I am bringing for the consolation prize next time at bowling. And XO, next time I come up, I will bring you a bag. While it is not vegan (it has a dairy ingredient), I think you can still eat it.
Korean Crack for All! Eric Out.
2 comments:
"Korean Crack" sounds good to me! :-)
We MUST set a date for a visit!
XO
Absolutely we must!!! I am off on April 18th, which is a Sunday. Possible?
Post a Comment