Once again, I am sitting here in my pajamas, waiting for the steam to clear out. So even though I am rather tired right now, it is time to write some stuff down.
My day began like many other days off: at the Burger King. Of course, my drink and newspaper was made more memorable by an obviously drugged-up guy sitting in one of the booths and staring at me, with his pants unbuttoned and his hand down his underwear (and no, I was not being self-depreciating when I said he was on drugs. He was). For the record, I really would like to get hit on by someone who is not married, on drugs, or in a men's room. From there is was to the mall for walking.
After that, I found myself putzing around at Barnes & Noble, where they were playing a CD that I liked enough that I asked who it was. It was a singer named Little Boots, and with this information, I went to Best Buy and picked up a copy. It has a very 1980's sound to it, right up to and including a duet with Philip Oakey. And since I was in the area, I went to DSW Shoe Warehouse and bought a new pair of much-needed shoes. I had a gift card left from Christmas, so that helped defray the cost.
It turned out that Bette was able to join us for lunch after all, so we met at the Dogfish Head Alehouse for lunch. That went surprisingly well, and then I went out to Landmark, where I pounded out several more laps, and peoplewatched until it was time to head to the bowling alley.
I surprised myself this week. My scores for my first two games were 139 and 132. Of course, I had to choke and get a 90 for my third game, but things were a little bit better. For starters, I have not had to deal with a certain someone at work for a week. Then there was the matter of my bowling with some nice people this week. Jeff once again was being a whiny little cunt, but he has two modes: slut story or complaining.
Hub is a little bit cheesed off at me; I don't know if he was being serious or not. They have a weekly raffle, and they give a consolation prize every week. There has been a running joke about giving a can of Spam, and Hub, being a vegetarian, has threatened to throw it at Bob (who runs the raffle) if he wins.
I suggested to Bob that since we are a bowling league, and three strikes is a "turkey", that we give away a can of Turkey Spam. He didn't know such a thing existed, so I told him (in front of Hub) that I would bring a can next week. Hub gave me this icy look of death. But I stopped on the way home and bought a can.
So I am ready to call it a night. As always happens when I come back from a day off and the previously mentioned colleague has not been there for several days, I wonder how things will be. But I have a book that I am reading, so everyone can fade into the background while I work and read.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment