Saturday, May 1, 2010

AFTAH Members Would Need This Information.

There is a phrase that I heard once that went "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." Keeping this in mind, I like to keep tabs on the enemies of the gays. One of these, Americans For Truth About Homosexuality, has an entertaining and informative section on their website called "Not In My Backyard". In the interest of public service, they are nice enough to mention places where a lot of gay cruising takes place, presumably so that people can avoid them.

I find this hilarious. Not only do they tell you exactly where these places are located, they are even nice enough to provide you with directions to get to these various places. They are actually lifted directly from another cruising site, and pasted into the posts; they even give information as to where police action is taking place to arrest cruisers (under the heading "Heads Up!").

It has been said that the most vocal homophobes are closet cases, afraid of themselves and of being discovered. So my guess is that this website is given as a public service to the hidden gays that go on AFTAH's website, secretly looking for dick.

Why don't they just say on the website, "here are cruisy places for you to avoid (wink wink!)"? It's more truthful, and they are Americans for Truth, no?

Speaking of this, I might have arranged a hookup on Monday afternoon, before I go to the bowling banquet. His name is Erick, and judging from his photo, is a cute Latin guy. He and I have talked on the phone a few times, but have yet to meet in person. We are meeting in a public place before we go anywhere else. I'm being very careful about this.

I also have invited Cleo and Julie to go to karaoke with me this Friday. I need to sing out the last two months.

Work has been fairly calm since I had my two days off, and I work tomorrow as well. I still have a book to read. So I should be just fine. I am heading to bed in a few minutes.

Eric Out.

No comments: