A couple of weeks ago, as you recall, Justin decided to attempt to resurface yet again, and, when he realized that he was being ignored, sent me one last nasty email, which also got ignored. Basically, if he was going to disappear on me, we were done.
Well, that gave me some practice for this week, when Beth decided to resurface yet again. Now, kittens, keep in mind that I have not seen or talked to Beth since May of last year. The only communication that we have had has been in the form of text messages. She has steadfastly refused to answer her phone, and the only time that she and I ever planned to get together was canceled. Basically, I wouldn't activate a prepaid debit card in my name for her, so her father very conveniently had a health problem and she disappeared on me.
So imagine how I must have felt when she sent me a text message saying that she, Loser Boy Robbie, and her cat needed a place to stay until Tuesday and would I be able to help. Uh, no.
Let's see, Beth (who has this blog address, so she might be reading this for all we know), you have completely deserted me for a year, and now you want asylum so Julie's cats can destroy Theeo, AND you want your loser-ass boyfriend to come around, even though he is the reason that you never can see me and probably is why you never answer your phone? I don't think so. Plus, you still owe me money from the last time I saw you.
I really don't like doing this sort of thing; it brings me down to the level of the people who do this to me. But I am sixty kinds of tired of being treated like this. So now that I am on a roll, the next person on this list is my brother and his fool wife.
Once again, I am banging this drum: it has now been since January 15th since I last saw them. That's almost five months. And as usual, every greeting card and text message has gone unacknowledged. I don't even try to call anymore. My father won't listen to me when I gripe about this; he just makes excuses for him. He will continue making excuses for Kyle until the instant he changes his last name to Kari's maiden name and dumps us completely. We must also remember that I loaned two movies to them back in December; although I didn't say it at the time (and because of the circumstances, couldn't), those were to be a covenant that I would see them soon so I could get them back.
I refuse to give them a pass any longer; this is now the third year in a row that they have pulled this stunt on me. Well, folks, the shoe is on the other foot; there will come a time when I will get a phone call, with some sort of invitation to come over and see them. And when I get this phone call, if I am near the phone when it rings, I will see it on my caller ID, and will not answer. I will also ignore all emails. Let's see how they like being treated like they don't exist.
Besides, do I really need to have what little self-esteem I might have recovered to be crushed to atoms by their typical beratements? Didn't think so.
Changing colors (and topics), I opened the mailbox this evening to find-you guessed it!-another t-shirt from Café Press! I have only unwrapped one of them; if the charge for the canceled order gets posted, I will be back on the phone with them on Tuesday afternoon. Otherwise, anyone need a slightly obscene t-shirt, size XL?
When I got home, I decided that instead of just sitting around the house tonight, I hit Dulles Town Center for my second mall walk of the night. This way, I don't feel so guilty eating a cookie when I was done. I hope that this will work out.
But I have been writing now for a while, and I am getting tired, so let's call this entry over. I have to work tomorrow, so I hope it goes okay.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment