Saturday, May 15, 2010

When Ignoring Doesn't Work

As I reported in my last entry, Justin has resurfaced and has attempted to contact me, and has been met with an ecstasy of silence. I am in the habit of checking my email on one of the computers at work, so this morning, I did this, and found a message from him. I made sure that there were no attachments (remembering the photo he sent me last September), and opened it. It simply said, "Hi I cheated on you."

Given his tendency to disappear like he did, this doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm not discussing the validity of this. But I have a feeling that he was just trying to finally get a reaction out of me. It got my attention up until the minute I deleted it. Once again, the best reaction is no reaction.

That pretty much defined my thoughts until I got off work, and went outside to find Mike wasn't there. He was supposed to meet me at work for us to go to dinner, but he stood me up. I called him and left him a message, then I waited until about 6:30, left him another message, telling him I was giving up. If he has a compelling reason why he didn't come meet me, I'm all ears.

I went home, and asked Julie if she would join me at Moby Dick for a kabob salad. She has already eaten, so she just watched me eat. We then went to the frozen custard place, where I had a small sugar-free cone. How I managed not to stuff my face in reaction to being double-douche bagged is beyond me. Keep in mind I had a salad and low-carb, no sugar added ice cream; I went into dinner with less than 1000 calories. It couldn't have been that bad.

I am hoping to get up early to walk tomorrow. With this kind of stress, coupled with the stress of work, I am really needing a mall something fierce. Unfortunately, Julie and I didn't get done with dinner and such until after nine.

I also called Bob's cell phone number. The voice mail came on. The greeting was from Bob...and Jeff. Fascinating how he never mentioned a partner. I still invited him for bingo on Wednesday. Whether he calls me or not remains to be seen.

I also emailed the Dulles Triangles about the "Bad Movie Night." on their event calendar. I know that the Happy Hour was a disaster three years ago, but perhaps I might have a better shot in a smaller social setting. And we know how much I like bad movies. They are showing "Zardoz", from 1974. Or, if you look at the preview, "Sean Connery Needed A Paycheck."

I haven't had a lot of luck with the gay world, folks. I know that. The difference between now and before is that I am actually trying to put myself out there. I can't let a few setbacks keep me from trying. On Tuesday, since I work until nine, I am going to go sing my lungs at karaoke. I think three months off the karaoke stage is long enough for everyone to forget my lousy singing.

But let's get through dinner with Bette and Dave tomorrow, and see where things go.

Eric Out.

No comments: