I saw a bumper sticker with the same thing as the title of this post, only it recommends that one pray the rosary. Since I am not a Catholic, I have no intention of doing so. So I wrapped up today by scrubbing the bathroom. I had to be careful, though, since I don't want to put another hole into the bathtub.
So far we are batting zero: no call explaining what happened to Mike, no reply from Bob, and no response about "Bad Movie Night". I might have to bite the bullet, join the Dulles Triangles, and be able to go to the events. I can be their equivalent of Dolores Hart; she was an actress who became a nun, but kept up her membership in AMPAS. So she gets to vote in the Oscars.
Dinner with Bette and my father was okay. Bette doesn't like to be reminded not to interrupt me when I am talking. She needs to learn. And my father paid for my dinner.
I am waiting for the floor to dry so I can take a shower and go to bed. Until then, I have an episode of "Family Guy" to watch. More later, if anything worth discussing happens tonight.
Eric Out.
3 comments:
I have to agree that "anger" cleaning is a good thing! It's amazing how much one can get done, and how quickly, too. ;-)
XO
Oh, and another thing . . . Your father doesn't usually pay for your meal when you all go out (unless it is an occasion in which you have said that the meal was your treat for everyone)?
XO
For many years, it was always "dutch treat"...it's only recently that he has begun paying for meals. It started in earnest when (1) Cathleen died, and he finally started to appreciate us, and (2) when he noticed that I was occasionally picking up the entire tab when he and I would go out.
Post a Comment