Friday, May 28, 2010

Café Press, We Have A Problem.

On Tuesday, while I was on the phone with Diane inviting her to dinner, I noticed that Capital Pride is only a couple of weeks away, so I figured I would go ahead and order my t-shirt to wear to the street fair. I had decided what I would be getting a long time ago, so it was just a matter of doing the actual ordering.

Apparently, I had added the t-shirt to my cart in some previous, long-forgotten shopping session, so I accidentally added it again. Since I was distracted by my conversation with Diane, I didn't realize it until I saw the email confirmation, which resulted in my being charged $41.73.

I got off the phone with Diane and immediately got on the phone with Café Press, explaining the mistake to the customer service representative. He canceled my order, then re-ordered it with only one shirt. I received both the cancellation notice and the new order confirmation, with another temporary authorization of $23.24 dinged on my card. The representative promised me that the larger charge would drop off within 3-5 business days. I got the notice that my order (of the single shirt) had shipped, and I thought all was well.

Apparently there is a lack of communication between the customer service department and the production team at Café Press. I worked the late shift tonight, and I came home to find a package from Café Press. I opened it to find...two shirts. I looked at the receipt, and checked the order number to find that it matched the one on the canceled order. Then I looked at the tracking information on the shipping notice, and, if I am reading it correctly, it is sitting at a post office in Dulles.

From there it was a jump over to my credit card's website, and while the single shirt charge has indeed posted, the double shirt order is still listed as a temporary authorization.

So now, here is the conundrum. If I am correct, I will now own three of the exact same shirt, and will only be charged for one. I am nervous about calling and trying to deal with this any further, because I don't know what will happen if I try to return two of them. But if I keep the other two, I am concerned that they will discover this and re-charge my account. Then there is the fact that I don't know of too many places where I can wear a white t-shirt with blue ringers that reads "BEFORE I SAY YES, CAN I GET A LOOK AT YOUR DICK?". I doubt I will be wearing it out and needing two more replacements.

I suppose I will mull this over at another time. But I am just waiting for the steam to clear out of the bathroom so I can go to bed. I don't have a lot to report right now; work has been typical, and I have been trying to eat properly and walk extra (I did an extra walk at the mall last night), and I hope that I can stay on track. Nighty Night!

Eric Out.


No comments: