Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bringing Down the House at Freddie's

Oh my, oh my, oh my...

Last night was certainly interesting. It was Justin's birthday party night, and I faced my fears, went on the Metro, and got there at about 7:45. The party was to start at eight.

Justin got there a little after eight. In addition to me, there were several of his other friends. There was also another birthday party going on at the next table. The fun got started when the karaoke began.

Since I didn't want to be out too late, I signed up for a song as soon as the books went out. On a whim, I decided to sing "Milkshake" by Kelis. I first had to wait for several others to go (Justin sang the same song he sang last Saturday), and then they called me to the stage.

Since I obviously have no shame whatsoever, I immediately started shaking my booty and swiveling my hips while performing the absolute worst rendition of "Milkshake" ever sung. I attracted the attention of someone from the other birthday party, and he joined me onstage (absolutely reeking of booze), and sang along while gyrating and grinding up against me. Then a woman from that party came up and put a dollar in my pocket. The rest of the crowd was dancing on the floor.

I never for a moment thought it possible that a nerdy guy in his mid-to-late thirties could whip a crowd up into such a frenzy, and I was 100% sober. I had drunk nothing but diet soda the entire night.

Unfortunately, I had to cut out after finishing my song. But Justin and I made plans to get together on Sunday. It took me two hours to get home, though. All this weekend, there will be construction on the Metro, so they are single-tracking trains. I wound up stuck at the Rosslyn station for thirty-five or so minutes.

I essentially got through my day today with the crutch of caffeine. I only got four hours of sleep, and managed to survive on two cups and a can of diet soda, and three cups of coffee, then more diet soda at Subway. I then came home and tidied up the Batcave. I cleaned the bathroom with the exception of the tub, and ran the vacuum, but didn't move any furniture. I'll save that for when I spring clean. Justin is coming over tomorrow, and I didn't want him to think I live in squalor.

Originally, the plan was for us to go to the kabob place for lunch, and go from there. But he is having lunch with his grandmother, and then will be joining me (we're meeting at Target) at about 2:30 or 3:00. I don't know what we will be doing, but I am purchasing "precautions", if you know what I mean. The way he was acting last night (wanting a picture with me on his lap), I am wondering what we will be doing. I just hope he doesn't gag when he sees me without a shirt, and sees all the extra skin.

But right now, I am winding down. I am listening to XM 77 (the new age channel), in my pajamas, waiting for the bathroom to de-steam so I can go to bed. I haven't used my dork weights since Thursday (I walked for 45 minutes without them this morning), so I want to go work out tomorrow morning. So I must go to sleep.

No comments: