I had brunch plans with Keith, Phil, and Derrick today. To offset what I was going to do to myself today, I was true to what I said I would do and went to Tysons this morning and walk my three laps before I went to the Metro. I wound up just missing a train and waiting at the Metro for longer than I had anticipated, but the train finally did arrive, and I got to Freddie's by about 11:45.
What I didn't know is that there were other guys at the brunch as well. They were two elderly gay couples, Joe and Jerry, and Billy and John. So I sat down with them and ordered an iced tea. Phil, Keith, and Derrick arrived late. Apparently there is this concept of "gay time" that makes tardiness okay. I don't buy into that: late is late, and rude is rude, especially if you are the organizers of the event. Once we were all in place, we just sat there until someone finally mentioned that we were there to eat.
And man, did I eat. I decided to enjoy myself, and actually indulge, and I ate some of everything, with perhaps a little too much bacon and sausage, and I probably didn't need to have both a waffle and cake. I also got the enjoyment out of watching a bunch of old queens get drunk.
They were interested in the fact that I have the possibility of a boyfriend. The questions they had varied in appropriateness, but they all seem to want a commitment and to meet him. My thought is, can we give this a little time? Yes, I like him. A lot. But I have known the guy for two weeks! Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, all right?
After we ate, people were pulling out their wallets to pay, when Derrick threw down his credit card and picked up the tab for the entire table, and we left the tip. Joe and Jerry left from there, and the rest of us decided to go to Old Town Alexandria, where I succumbed to the peer pressure and bought a sweater at Banana Republic I probably shouldn't have bought. Derrick was telling me that I looked fierce in it, and it was on sale, but it was still eighty dollars. And the nice folks at Banana Republic were more than delighted to look up my charge card number and sell me the sweater. It seems hard to believe that I now wear a medium. Truth be told, it feels tight, but it really isn't. I just can't eat like I have been the past few days if I want to keep wearing a medium. I might return it. I haven't taken off the price tag yet, so I guess I still can.
After that we parted ways, with Phil and Keith taking me back to the Metro stop. I asked Justin if he wanted me to come by, since I was at King Street and he was in Springfield, but he was at his grandmother's, resting. He wasn't feeling well, and I hope he feels better. We have made plans for me to come see him on Tuesday night. I hope he is thinking the same things as me. Otherwise I am the world's biggest chump.
As for my worrying about eating is concerned, I don't want to ever look like this again:

So I am ready to take a shower and settle in for the night. So I am going to do that, and I hope all people have a nice evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment