I am sitting here, waiting until it's time to meet Justin, and to distract myself, I am listening to Casey Kasem, from 1981. Big shocker there.
But as long as I am just sitting here, I am going to talk about this weird phenomenon that has been happening for most of my life. Basically, people over the years think my name is Chris. I don't know why, and it hadn't happened in a while, but someone at work said "Hi, Chris, how are you?" yesterday morning. I told her that my name is Eric. But why is this happening? Through my working life (dating all the way back to my days at McDonald's), a lot of people have done this, even though most jobs I have had require me to wear a name badge. And the only time it has said anything other than "Eric" was at McDonald's when I didn't have a name tag, and there weren't any blank ones, so I wore one that said "LaShon". Even after new badges came in I still wore my "LaShon" badge.
So here I am. After being up too late twice in a row, I slept like a log last night. I got up at about eight, and weighed myself (156 lbs.; fluctuation or the effects of Thursday? Who cares? I weigh 156 pounds!), had one sandwich at Burger King, and walked. That isn't a shocker, since I do this every single day off. But after walking, I went to Target and bought what I yesterday termed "precautions," namely, condoms and lube. When I came home, Julie saw what I was holding, and smirked at me. Her comment? "This is going to throw a monkeywrench into the laundry." He won't be here until the afternoon, so hopefully most of the laundry will be done by then. And I don't even know if we will be having sex; I just want to make sure. But what bothers me is the fact that Julie has been pushing me to go out and meet people and get laid since about 2003; and now she is raising objections? Sheesh.
Cleo was just down here, apologizing for forgetting about the fact that Justin was coming over, and I just responded, "It's all good." But I don't care. Back when we lived in a much smaller house in Sterling, Cleo and Julie used to get busy with me in the house, and I knew within fifteen minutes of meeting Julie for the first time that she was very noisy in bed.
Now that we are in a larger house, and their bedroom is two floors above mine, it is less of an issue. But this is all mindless speculation; for all I know, Justin and I could just wind up watching a movie. We'll know in about two or three hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment