Ah, the joys of having Julie as a roommate. Or, as she is known by her full name, Julie Who I Want To Fucking KILL!!!!!
Today, like last Thursday, was a day off, and it began as last Thursday did, with a nervous step on the scale. I knew that if the reading was less than 156, I would be alarmed, and if the scale read more, I would be depressed. It was alarm today, as I was at 154 pounds. Let's see: Last Thursday, I ate like an absolute glutton, and on Sunday, I ate more than I usually do. And I STILL lost half a pound!
But that's not what today was about. Today was about getting up early so I could get my car oil changed (which, for once, had no add-ons), do my power walking, and being ready for Justin's arrival.
I really didn't feel like power walking today. After stepping on the scale and discovering that I had lost weight that I didn't need to, the signs were pointing to my taking a day off from it. However, with the weather they are predicting, I don't know if I will be able to get to the mall tomorrow night. But like Richard Simmons says, if I never skip a day of exercise, I can never skip two. Also, I have to remember: Julie would want me to skip exercising. But when talking to my aunt a week or so ago, she told me that as far as changes are concerned with eating, I can still exercise as much as I want. Because when I exercise, my metabolism is high, and I can eat anything that I want once in a while.
I got all of this done, and then went to Target (in Sterling) for a hot dog. Yes, you read that correctly. Not popcorn. A hot dog. My aunt also said that if I eat more calories, they should be in the form of protein and not carbohydrates. So I had a hot dog combo, which is now the same price as the popcorn combo anyway. I had a while to kill, so I went home before I had to go to Target (in Reston) to meet Justin.
I got home, and was horrified to see that Julie's car was in the parking lot. I went in and she told me that she took the day off because she only got two and a half hours of sleep last night. I don't believe for a minute that this was the reason for her taking the day off. She just wanted to spy on Justin and me. So that really put the kibosh on the idea I had for us getting busy. To make matters worse, while we were downstairs, she came down here and knocked on the door, "to make sure everything was okay." Yes, Julie, everything is just fine! I don't need a chaperone!
Although we didn't have sex, we did lie on my bed and cuddle under my blanket while watching two movies ("In & Out" and "Boat Trip"), and then we went an early dinner at the kabob place. He liked the kabobs, even though I had warned him that the restaurant had all the ambience of a high school cafeteria.
We then switched cars and went to Dulles Town Center, where we just poked around, stopping at Mrs. Fields for a couple of cookies. After that, I took him back to his car, where I got a goodnight kiss. I think it was sweet of him.
He has invited me to join him (in JULY!!!) for a family reunion in the mountains. While I told him that I don't like camping, he said that there was a bed-and-breakfast where we could stay. I wonder where this is going.
In other news, I got a catalog from InsightOut Books saying that that are "back." It seems that they weren't closing after all, but clearing out all of the old inventory because they were moving to another location. True enough, their envelopes, instead of going to Pennsylvania, are now going to Illinois. I find that irritating. Here I was, readying myself for the demise of my book club, and now they are not closing after all. I think they were just trying to get rid of members who were not actively buying, so they took an opportunity to cancel.
They are predicting some nasty weather tomorrow. I hope that either (1) they are wrong, or (2) my work closes tomorrow so I don't have to drive in it. Of course, they had a dusting of snow yesterday and salted the roads like it was going to be a blizzard, so they might do the same tomorrow. We will see, but I have to get up earlier so I can make sure of things. I am hoping against hope that I get the phone call from my boss: we're closed, so you can take a personal day. This might also mean that I won't get a paper tomorrow, but I never got around to doing the crosswords today. So that would still be nice.
We will find out tomorrow about the weather, won't we? And we will see how things go with Miss Justin. Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment