Monday, February 25, 2008

Food Hangovers...

For this entry, we go back in time...all the way back to 12:15 this afternoon, where I put pen to paper and wrote the following:

"I guess you could title this 'Bloated, Dehydrated, and Bored,' as that pretty much sums up my feelings right now. I guess I get what I deserve as far as the 'Bloated and Dehydrated' aspects are concerned. After eating so much yesterday, and you KNOW that it wasn't exactly low sodium stuff, is it any wonder that I feel like I've swelled up like a balloon? I woke up still feeling stuffed, but forced myself to eat a little bit of breakfast, and drank iced tea this morning (instead of soda) before going on a thirty minute walk, mostly to hedge bets against a call-off from the part timer.

I am almost through my second bottle of water for the day, and I still feel thirsty. It has been a very long time since I ate at a buffet, and now I understand why. So if I can, I am going to avoid overeating and, if possible, avoid too much sodium. Maybe then my body will go back to feeling less like a blimp.

As for the bored aspect, that's just the way life is sometimes. So I am trying to entertain myself by scratching out a few lines to enter into the ol' blog later. It's going to be one of those days that I call a 'tune in/tune out' kind of day. These happen on days where I would rather be somewhere else, so I just zone out while working in the hopes of getting through the day. This happened a lot when Cathleen was sick. And I was bloated a lot back then, too.

So here we are, with a headache from being deprived of caffeine, with 2 1/2 hours until my break, thinking about Justin, hoping he's all right. I am really looking forward to hitting that mall tonight. All I can say is that people need to get the hell out of my way tonight."

Well, the headache stayed with me until I went to the Corner Bakery and poured two cups of coffee down my throat. I actually was able to avoid diet Coke until dinner at Subway, and my total calories added up to less than 1500. I have begun to offset the effects of yesterday. And tomorrow, Justin and I are going to the movies, and we are also planning to get together on Sunday, since we are both off. He is coming to Tysons tomorrow, so on Sunday I will offer to come to him. I just hope he doesn't want to do the Freddie's buffet again. I think that would be a mistake.

I did pound the mall, and afterward, I was delighted to get a call from Justin, where he was looking at the movies online. He then sent me a text to meet him at AMC Tysons. I just hope I will be able to stay awake through the movie, since I work until nine, and I have to get there to walk beforehand. I also told him that there is a large group of people who are after Julie for crashing our date last week. He liked that.

So I am closing this entry, and I will have a report in my next one on how this movie went.

No comments: