Yes, ladies and gentleman, tonight is Oscar night. And much like Superbowl Sunday, my television is turned off. Let's face a couple of facts here, people: I'm the person who actually paid good money to see "Meet The Spartans" in the theatre. Twice. The last two movies I saw were "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and "Paul Blart: Mall Cop." So obviously, the movies I enjoy seeing are not exactly the kind that win statuettes. The only movie that I have seen that is even up for any nominations is "Milk." And like "Brokeback Mountain" a few years ago, it will not win Best Picture.
Now on to the news.
Friday found me treating the day like a normal day off, with the exception of going into work for two and a half hours. While that isn't a lot, it still meant that I had to go to work. So at about one, I re-packed the cheese into my lunch pail, grabbed the chips and Coke Zero I also had for dinner, parked at Tysons (finding a parking space at that time of the day is impossible), and walked to my office. After my rather quick shift, I walked back, poked around the mall for a few minutes, and then went to meet Beth.
We then convoyed back to her house (taking a scenic route in the process), and watched the movie while having dinner. Her sandwich maker works very well, but the evening also kept me out later than I would've liked. But I got to bed at about midnight, and still got up at six for walking.
Saturday was a typical day at work, except for Petunia Gray still being on bereavement leave. So "That's My Tuna!" filled in for the day. After I was done, I went home and did laundry. "No-Tip" Matt had given Cleo some CDs with some music from the 1980's that he had illegally downloaded, so Cleo asked for my assistance in identifying some of the songs. So while my clothes were being washed, this was going on. At eleven, I went to bed, and was probably asleep by about 11:02.
Today was just a normal day at work, but I am getting antsy for a day off. I was supposed to be off tomorrow, but due to it being the final day of Petunia Gray's leave, I am working my eighth shift in a row. And I have to go to PF Chang's for dinner with Bette and Dave tomorrow to celebrate their birthdays.
My father has been making overtures about this for the last week or so, and each time, he has talked about meeting, "just the three of us." He said this twice on an answering machine message, and twice in a phone conversation. I get it, Dad: you want to pretend that Justin doesn't exist. I have news for you, Father: whether or not you can deal with it is inconsequential, and whether I am with Justin or someone else, the person who I will be with is going to be male.
So after work, I went where I really didn't want to go: Tysons Corner Mall on a Sunday evening, an hour before they close. But if I was going to get birthday gifts for Bette and Dave, I had to go there. So Bette got a gift card to Bedazzled (same as last year), and my father got one to Barnes & Noble. Now, finally, my holiday shopping for the year is over until Josie's birthday.
On Tuesday, I am going to help Beth clean her condo (why I couldn't tell you, other than that I'm a really good friend), and then going to a late lunch with Justin. He wants to do the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday, which is fine with me.
I am not a particularly religious person, but once in a while I give up something for Lent. Ash Wednesday is this coming week, and I have decided that I am giving up sweets entirely. This will make sure that I don't put on any more weight, and since I keep filling in missing calories with sweets anyway, it will give me an idea of exactly how much I am eating these days. Let's see if I can do this.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment