Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'd Like To Think This Is Progress

Let's see; after spending most of the day holed up down here in the Batcave in front of this computer, I got myself out of here, walked some extra laps at Fair Oaks, and then went to Freddie's. This is unusual for me, since I work tomorrow. However, I am working the late shift, so I decided that there would be no harm in going out for a little while.

I didn't get to talk to any cute guys (naturally), but I did get myself out. I did talk to a drunk lesbian, though. Once again, it befuddles me that I can talk so easily to women but the instant I see a gay guy, I clam up. And although it might have been my imagination, there was a guy across the bar that I did make eye contact with several times. I am just too scared to approach anyone because I am just so damn old, ugly, and devoid of personality.

Basically, for the first hour I was there, I did what I would have done at home: watch "Wheel of Fortune" and "Jeopardy!". I did so while eating a turkey burger. Then I played bingo for an hour and then came home. Not much else happened (and Yessi was there, and she is still a bitch from hell), but I did manage to get out a little bit.

In my dreams (more like my fantasies), people will notice my presence there and actually talk to me. But that hasn't happened yet, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

We now have four days until my next day off. I hope they go well. Then Monday will be the day of great anxiety, as I am going to the bowling thing.

I did call the county tax office today, and was told that the bills for the two cars are being mailed separately. So I am glad that this is straightened out.

So let's hope for a good day tomorrow, shall we?

Eric Out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Old, ugly, and devoid of personality?!" I think not, actually, I know that's not true in the least!

It's hard to put yourself out there and meet people. I give you loads of credit for even trying. There are many people--my sister included--who would rather feel "comfortable" just sitting home and not getting out in the world--even though they would like to meet someone.

This is all still new, and with time, will get easier. Keep it up, and try not to put yourself down! You are doing so incredibly well, Eric!

Hugs,

TafferGarrett

Eric said...

Thanks for the pep talk, TafferGarrett.