Monday, August 24, 2009

Return of the Capital Letters

I really don't know what came over me yesterday. But I am back to a more reasonable mood, without any alcohol in my system. This was the first time in a while since I had a beer, and whenever I drink anything (even something as watered-down as Miller Lite), I get like that. I guess there is a good reason why I don't drink when I go to Freddie's unless someone else is driving.

But as always, I am wondering what will happen tomorrow. Regardless of what goes on, I will be doing my "back turned, nose in a book" approach to getting through the day. 

Justin is having hernia surgery today. He has been in pain for some time, and has gone under the knife. I have heard nothing from him since, even though I have heard from him many times in the last few days. A get-well card is in the mail for him. And as I was writing this entry, he called me, and he is okay but a little bit logy.

In spite of all the stress I have been under, I have not done badly with eating today. Instead of going to the bagel place this morning, I ate at home and just had a drink with my newspaper (which did not arrive at home and had to be purchased, darn it!). Then, since I needed to get stamps, I walked the mile in each direction to Safeway, stopping at Burger King for a drink and to read the Times. As a result, I might be able to have a nice dinner tonight. The bowling alley is near Landmark Mall. If the American Café is still open, I will eat dinner there. The last time I ate there was in May of 2004, a couple of days before Kyle and Kari got married. It is kind of weird to think about that: the location (at Fair Oaks) is gone. I ate lunch with Kyle and Kari, and presented them with their wedding present: a gift card to Circuit City, which is also gone. Flipping his credit card onto the table and picking up the tab was Kari's dad Ralph, died two years ago.

It's sad to think about this. But I am looking forward to this meeting. I don't know if any actual bowling will occur, but I am taking my ball just in case. I need to shave before I leave, so I am going to sign off for now.

Eric Out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a fabulous time tonight! I look forward to hearing about it.

Hugs,

TafferGarrett