I called Tana last night, and she is working some ungodly shifts, up until the weekend. It doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me to spend that much time and gasoline driving to Pittsburgh for a weekend, and if I went earlier, I would be just sitting around their house. I can do that for free here.
She bounced some ideas off me, and although Rehoboth has its appeal (although I don't know what would be open in a beach town in late October), the fact is that I have two choices: either I can be bored, lonely, and miserable at home, or be bored, lonely, miserable, and broke anywhere else. It's a no-win situation. So here I sit.
I am probably going to Freddie's tonight, and sing out my frustration and annoyance. I don't know why I am bothering. It's not like I have anyone to talk to there, and I am sure I am going to leave there after about an hour and a half, completely disillusioned and unhappy, only with a blown-out throat. But if I don't go, I will regret wasting another day. So I might as well inflict my crappy singing on the Tuesday crowd. Either decision is the wrong decision.
Today has been much like other days so far on this vacation, the only difference being that I haven't eaten an awful lot today. I will be wanting dinner tonight at Freddie's, so I am going to try to wait until I go there to eat. Karaoke now starts at eight, so there is less time to wait.
What impressed me is that I finally got out of the house a reasonable hour to go walking this morning. I was back with the weights, and although I am still thoroughly depressed about this whole stinking situation, I got through the whole walk. I also sent off the care package to my aunt and uncle (the Matdongsan, some chocolate-dipped apricots, and the last three issues of the Reader's Digest). Since I sent it early enough and used UPS, it should be there tomorrow. It's something to remember me by, since they probably won't see me until after the holidays are over.
Man, does this suck. And once again it's raining. So yes, dear readers, I am once again in a funk. Disappointment will do this to me. Maybe Freddie's won't be so bad. I hope not.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment