Friday, October 23, 2009

Day One: Decompression. Day Two: Cleaning.

This morning I took two steps out of the house with the intention of going for my usual morning walk. I turned around, though, and realized that today would be the perfect day to clean the Batcave: no roommates and no distractions. Since Cleo and I were planning to walk tonight (and still plan to), I would stay in this morning and clean. So I grabbed all of my cleaning paraphernalia, started with the bathroom, then did the bedroom, living room, and hallway, finishing with vacuuming the stairs.

After that, I went to Target for lunch and to buy a couple of new pillows. The ones on my bed had become horribly misshapen, so it was time to replace them. I then went to the laundromat to wash my comforter. Since November is only a week away, it was time to change comforters to my winter one, and wash the summer one.

I knew all of this needed to be done; I am almost ready to start the holiday season, and we all know how things get during that time. I had done a good deal of straightening up and getting rid of stuff last night, and it was time to get it done.

Now, with the exception of one last load of laundry, my world here is clean. I have barely stopped moving the entire day, and now I am kind of tired. I also have a headache. I hope that the walk tonight will help with that. I am listening to "Chill" on the radio, and now just waiting for Cleo and Julie to get home. After walking, we are going out to dinner. I really hope that all the exercise (when I clean, I work up a major sweat) will justify having a nice dinner. I have eaten my usual breakfast, two hot dogs, and two doughnuts today. I think dinner will be just fine.

We're done here.

No comments: