Thursday, October 22, 2009

Creepy Married Guy Strikes Again

As of six last night, I am now on vacation. I will be returning to work on November 3rd at 12:30 pm. Until then, let's not talk too much about work. Worrying about that will come soon enough.

I kicked off my vacation by going to Five Guys for dinner, and I have barely eaten since. I guess there is still hope for me. But this morning, it was time to take the baby for its first doctor's appointment. I didn't get myself up at five as I had thought I would, but that was because I was up late talking to Tana. She was a little bit concerned about what I have been writing here recently. Right now my mood is okay.

So I drove to the Toyota dealer, arriving at about 7:45. I was checked in and referred to my "service advisor", who was a man named Aria. His demeanor was not exactly what one would call warm and fuzzy (the only fuzzy thing about him were his arms, which looked like they were sporting black shag carpets); perhaps he got teased a lot in school for having a name like Aria (which is my niece's middle name). He told me what was going to be done (and I can't help but believe that his face would crack if he tried to smile), and I went to the customer lounge to have CNN inflicted on me while I finished the newspaper.

At about 8:45, I was paged, and we were done; the total damage was about the same as I would have spent at Jiffy Lube, only without having the interior vacuumed; I guess I have to do that myself. I drove to Dulles Town Center, where I did my usual six laps. Today is day number 84 in a row of walking, by the way.

I once again found myself at loose ends, so I went to the Borders nearby. Faithful readers will recall that back in 2001, I was in the bathroom of that Borders when an older man (wearing a wedding ring) grabbed me. Today I was sitting in a chair reading a Bloom County cartoon book when this same guy started skulking around. He then took a seat and opened a book. Having turned the chair toward me, he was pretending to read while glancing over in my direction. I could see this using my peripheral vision; I didn't look his way. I got up to put the books back, he went into the bathroom (glancing my way on the entire trip), and as soon as he was in there, I walked out of the store (but not without calling Justin and texting Beth). I wonder if he ever emerged.

I don't know if this fella knows that I am the same person he grabbed eight years ago; I am thinner now, I have different glasses, and a different haircut (which is a moot point, since I was wearing a hat), and I didn't shave this morning. One thing I can say, though, is that even though my life is not that great right now, I still have a little more self-respect than to be an enabler to allow this guy to commit adultery, especially in a men's bathroom.

Now, how is it that I can turn this type of guy's head without turning the heads of guys at gay bars? Who knows?

I will be going to a birthday dinner for Sean on Saturday night. That should be fun, although another person on the guest list is someone I would rather not deal with. He used to work in the same place as I do; he is one of those queens who will be so nice to you until the instant you see him with someone else, and then he acts like you don't exist. However, Scott (who works with us and is nice) will be joining us.

So I sit here with a food hangover from last night, waiting for the mail. I am now due both bills and magazines. We'll see if anything arrives.

Eric Out.

No comments: