Saturday, October 3, 2009

Polka Dancing Outside Makes Me Tired.

I can't believe it; I actually did something sociable today!

Julie told me that today was the cul-de-sac's Oktoberfest block party, and she said that she was going to go. Since I was off today, I went along with her. I think I had more fun than she did.

First, it is nice to get to know the neighbors. While most of the neighborhood is a bunch of young families with cute little kids, they seemed very nice. I just hope that when it was over, they don't freak out over the big faggot who talked too much.

But the other fun part was that they hired a couple of polka instructors to teach us how to dance. While I was able to participate in part of the dancing (where partners were changed every eight measures), I had to bow out when it was dedicated partner dancing. The male instructor was adorable, and it looked like he played for my team. I didn't have the chutzpah to approach him, though. As always, I wish I could talk to gay men with the confidence that I talk to the neighbors.

But we came back to the house at about 5:15, and now I am completely worn out. I don't know why, though. I did my normal walking today, and then some of the dancing, but for some reason, I feel very tired. Whenever I spend a lot of time outside, this tends to happen. I wonder why.

But I hopefully will sleep well tonight. I haven't in a couple of nights. I was hoping to stay up and watch Lady Gaga on "Saturday Night Live" tonight, but I might not make it that far.

But it was a pretty good day. For once I can actually say that. But if I hear Julie tell that damn story about how she rescued a squirrel and took it to the vet on Thursday (only to have it die) one more time, I am going to scream. I have heard it now about six times.

Eric Out.

No comments: