Sunday, October 11, 2009

Life Passing Me By

One of these days people will stop making my life difficult.

Yesterday at work, Julie called me and told me that she and Cleo were going away for the weekend, and would I feed the cats. I'm getting a little bit sick of this. No one consulted me when they got these beasts, why am I stuck taking care of them? My other question is, with all of Cleo and Julie's supposed financial woes, where is the money for a weekend at a hotel coming from? And what if I had wanted to go to the drag show this week? It starts at eight rather than nine now, so I could have gone directly from work.

Work, of course, was a nightmare. I have gotten to the point where I am saying even less to people than ever. During the past four days, I have barely grunted at my coworkers, let alone had any conversation with them. There is a recognition breakfast on the 20th. I will not be going, and I told them as such. They asked me why, and I said it was because I had to work the late shift. This is the truth, but they reminded me that I'm always there early anyway, and I should come. And I don't have the guts to tell them the truth: why should I go to something like this when nobody I work with wants me there anyway? I don't eat at these things anyway, and never have, even during my fat days.

So let's see...I barely speak to my coworkers, I don't want to go to this breakfast, and I have no interest in participating in the Secret Santa nonsense. I am officially...OVER IT!

Speaking of that, I have not stuffed my face at all the last few days. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but the past four days have been okay. I finished out today with about 1600 calories, and even though I ate an hour ago, I am already hungry. So this is a good thing.

I am off the next two days, and I invited Julie to join me when I go bowling. I don't know what possessed me to do this, but like I said in the comments of my last entry, it should make for some interesting blog fodder. At least I'll have someone to talk to, even if I get the cold shoulder from my teammates and the other bowlers. I really hope the next two days go well.

And now I discover that the old Casey Kasem broadcasts on my satellite radio are gone, replaced by an original VJ from MTV doing the countdown. That sucks. But that's life. I think I'm done with this entry for now.

Eric Out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually think that taking Julie with you on Monday is a good idea. She certainly knows how to "break the ice." Appropriately, inappropriately, or otherwise--you're in for an interesting evening, I dare say. ;-)

What a lot of cheek! Where in the heck did J and C go? I know it was last minute. I think they owe you.

As for the breakfast with the douche bags, I mean, co-workers, you can't win either way with them. So, I agree with you, I'd skip it.

Anonymous said...

Oops! I forgot something. . . .


"XO" :-)

Eric said...

They went somewhere in Maryland. I am thinking of just knocking fifty bucks off my rent and seeing if they notice.

And a big XO to you too!