Hey! Now that my blog's background is now black, I can use the lighter colors!
Yesterday turned into a fairly good day. After walking (and getting the phone number of a security guard who works there; maybe a new friend?), I went to On The Border to meet Thi and Brian.
I have no idea how my eating went yesterday as a result. That was essentially the only meal I ate that day, so who knows. It was good to see Thi again, and Brian seemed a little nicer than he did when we met in 2003, but I really wish that Thi would find someone who isn't married.
After that, I went home for a while, and, being bored, went to another mall for more walking. Driving home, I thought, why not go dump some books at that used bookstore that I go to sometimes?
Julie is at a conference right now, so Cleo was home alone. I seized upon the opportunity and invited him to go with me. I managed to dump a bunch of books, but they don't give cash for books; only trade. I guess I can use it when I finally move. Cleo has no idea what the motive was, but he will find out soon enough.
By the way, one of the roommate sites (roommates.com) is a complete ripoff. They hype it as a free service, but in order to respond to any matches, you have to "upgrade". Why they just don't charge upfront is beyond me. I do have one bite from another site.
I got an email from the president of the Dulles Triangles, who just happens to be the same one who met me for coffee when I first went back in 2004. He also saw me at the happy hours I attended in 2007. I wonder if he will remember me as the same person. I will try to find their booth and introduce myself tomorrow, and sign up for the next event or two that I can let them know that I'm a person, not some automaton who sent them $20.
I have not yet talked to Julie or Elaine about tomorrow. But XO has just advised me: don't let Julie bully me out of having a good time. And the truth? If she is going to be like this, perhaps I am better off leaving her sorry ass to her own devices and roaming solo. At least I won't have to listen to her complaining about how hot she is, like last year. Of course, anyone who wears a 3/4-length shirt and blue jeans in the middle of June deserves to be hot.
I guess that brings us up to date, dear readers. Wish me luck for tomorrow.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment