Since Instinct seems to be my current idée fixe (with a big thank you to this site for that new term), here is an update: I got an email back about my June issue. The subscription manager explained that the June issue is sent later than usual, and this is why it hasn't arrived yet. Last year, it arrived at the end of May; I remember because Problem Coworker #1 had a hissy fit about the title of the magazine.
If the issue doesn't arrive this week, I should email him back, and he will have it re-sent.
I am not feeling particularly well tonight. My sinuses started to clog in that special way yet again, which is a sign I am getting a cold. Another sign is that I am retaining water like mad, which my body always does when I am getting sick (I guess I store up water to convert into the gallons of snot that will soon be gushing from my nose). I will be taking some cold medicine tonight before going to bed.
The last thing I wanted to do tonight was walk anywhere, since I wasn't feeling very well. What I wanted to do was hit Subway and go home. Unfortunately, the parking lot is closed right now for resealing, and everyone has to park out on the street. So I had to get home to snag a space. Given that I don't parallel park very well, I had a challenge. But somehow I got my car into a space. I can park again in the lot tomorrow.
I hadn't had any dinner, so I started hiking up to the shopping center near my house. I didn't know where I would wind up, but I did make a decent decision: a grilled chicken salad at Burger King. The cashier had no idea what she was doing, but I somehow got my salad. I then had a candy bar (ending the day at 1800 or so calories) and walked home.
Julie acted like she was doing me some big favor by offering to let me play with her iPhone. I went online and punched up this site, and she started to give me grief almost immediately. So I gave her stupid contraption back to her. If I get anything like that, it will be an iPad. I told her this, and she said, "but there isn't a phone on it, and it's huge." What's your point, Julie?
But right now, I don't need it. Sooner or later, I will have to replace this laptop. That is a higher priority. But let's call it a night.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment