Today began as every other day off does, but i had to give myself snaps for only having one bagel instead of two. I did eat a lot for dinner, but the bagel was pretty much it until then.
I got home from walking at about one, and just chilled until I meandered over to Craig's List. I saw an ad that appealed to me, and I answered it. A chain of emails began. Long story short: a trip to Falls Church, resulting in some dot dot dot. I should be receiving my "Slut Card" in the mail within the next four to six weeks.
I know what people are thinking: why am I doing this? Sean read my mind when I told him about Zac. He thinks that I am just going through my "whore phase" that gay men go through when they are first out. Of course, I came out a long time ago, but I hadn't been doing much in the way of sowing wild oats. But I am not in a relationship right now. So as long as I play safe, I should be fine.
I also emailed (at the address at the newsletter) about a brunch through the Dulles Triangles. I have heard nothing. If I hear nothing before Thursday, I will be heading to the happy hour and asking what is going on. It seems odd that they would reject me before they really know who the heck I am.
Last night, I must have been very tired; I went to bed, and was sound asleep in no time. I hope that this happens again. I work the late shift tomorrow. But I have to remember: it is only one other person with me tomorrow, and I only have to deal with another person for 3 1/2 hours out of the 8 1/2 I am there. I will bring more reading material, and I have some extra crossword puzzles.
I also had a lively text message conversation with Kevin (the security guard with whom I exchanged phone numbers with the other day). I don't know if he is gay, but he knows I am (after inquiring about my wife), but it doesn't matter. What matters is that I am trying to make some new acquaintances, hoping some develop into friendships. So here's to continued attempts at self-improvement.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment