Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Least Resistance...For Now

After Monday's nonsense at work (and the fact that I had to deal with the same coworker again yesterday), I was hoping I would come down with a surprise head cold so I could call off again. But I didn't, and I had to just tell myself: three and a half hours is all I have to deal with before I work alone.

So although I grabbed a couple of those magazines, I wound up not taking them into the office; I just read a book instead. They are still in my car, and will be brought in tomorrow, when neither the assistant manager or Problem Coworker #1 will be there. Instead, I will be by myself from 9:30-12:30, and Problem Coworker #2 will be there then. They really just need to leave me alone, and usually this happens with PC #2. Sooner or later this will all blow over, and no one will bother me for my reading material.

I am off today, and I am going to the gay dinner at Mamma Lucia's, which is sponsored by someone named Rob. I am, naturally, kind of tense about this. But although I am still doubting my performance at the brunch, I have another shot at it. I got my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed today, so hopefully my appearance won't bother them too much.

I had received a gift card to Regal Cinemas for Christmas, and it has been riding around in my car ever since. It is now warped. But I used it today to go see "Toy Story 3". It is a rare thing for me to have any emotions watching a movie, but at the end of this movie, as the last scene played out, I got a lump in my throat and tears started to come. I am not going to describe the scene (it would require explaining the entire movie), but let's just say that I had to try very hard to keep myself from blubbering; I didn't feel like creating a spectacle.

It was from there to get some groceries, and then I came back to the house. It is just too hot to do much of anything outside. I thought about walking up to mail a birthday card to Kari, but the air is so close, and I don't really want to have to take another shower before this dinner.

A report on the rest of the day will happen in my next entry.

Eric Out.

No comments: