As I mentioned last week, Julie was out of town on business for the entirety of last week. She had two back-to-back conferences, one in New Orleans, and one in Boston. Elaine with with her to New Orleans.
Last night, I came home from work to find an empty house. A few minutes later, Julie and Elaine came in, and Elaine had a present for me from her travels: a t-shirt from a bar there. That was way sweet of her to do this. Naturally, when Elaine presented me with this, and I thanked her profusely, she said something about "sorry I didn't bring you anything." No, Julie, you're not.
Let's see...Elaine is self-employed, and is facing the specter of a huge hospital bill from April with no medical insurance, and she still was thoughtful enough to buy me a t-shirt from New Orleans. Elaine has not even known me for a year. Julie has known me for eight years, and hasn't done shit. Even Cleo, back when he worked for the same company as Julie, got me a few presents when he would go to conferences: at one, he got me a t-shirt that read "PROPERTY OF TEAM HOMO" and when he was in San Francisco, he made (what he claimed was) a special trip to Castro Street and bought me a porn movie called "Bear Country"(!) and a leather cock ring (!!). He mentioned that he had never felt more comfortable anywhere else in San Francisco. Gee, I wonder why?
But if ever go anywhere other than home on my vacation, though, you can bet that I will be getting them something.
Let's change gears for a moment. The temporary authorization on my credit card for the canceled Café Press order has indeed dropped off, and now I have three t-shirts for the price of one. I mentioned this story to Julie, and I suggested that I give one of the shirts to Cleo. She told me "No way; he has enough problems with people thinking he's gay." There is a reason for this.
My Instinct collection should be here today or tomorrow. I had called them last week to inquire about the status of it, and they were still putting it together. It is coming in four boxes. I guess 130 magazines is a lot to gather and send. But the packages are currently in a UPS warehouse in Laurel, Maryland. I wish they would arrive today; I really don't feel like hearing it from Julie.
After work yesterday, and having had a rough Sunday, I decided to hit the mall last night for a second walk. Knowing that I would be hitting Dulles Town Center this morning (which I did), I went to Fair Oaks, and was kind of surprised to find that it had closed early. I know that yesterday was Memorial Day, but Tysons and Dulles don't close early anymore. However, the anchor stores were still open, so I could walk in relative peace and quiet, and the security guards pretty much left me alone.
Goodness, this entry is getting long-winded. So let's call it an entry.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment