So here is how dinner went.
I dawdled yesterday afternoon until I could dawdle no more, and then, again with my heart pounding, went to the restaurant. I asked for Rob, and I was taken to the table. Rob was talking to some woman, and when he saw me, looked up and said, "you must be Edward." I said, "Eric, actually." He shook my hand, and introduced me to the woman (whose name escapes me). A few minutes later, a couple of guys came over, and I was introduced to them. That was the last time Rob even tried to acknowledge me. He did answer a few of my questions, but that was about it.
Five other people showed up, and everyone talked amongst themselves, and I thought this was going to be a futile endeavor. However, one of the two guys who I was actually introduced to (named Tom) seemed to have noticed this, and he actually engaged me in conversation. He said he was bad with names, and asked me if my name was Kevin.
Dinner came to an end, and one of the people who I hadn't talked to (named Steve), asked if anyone was interested in going for gelato. Since I had pretty much blown it as far as eating was concerned, I said yes. No one else was interested, so he told me, "It's just you and me, kiddo." He and I went to this gelato place, and I went home, stuffed.
How do I think it went? I think it went okay. Several of the people were nice, even if the host was kind of a pretentious queen. I will go to another event. Tom told me about some of the events that they do; and he says that there are people who go the events but never go to the Happy Hour. So next month, I plan to go to Bad Movie Night if I am in town.
And what matters is that I am getting out there. I'm not looking for hookups with this lot. That's what Craig's List is for.
So on to today. My walk was once again made more difficult by the iPhone cult. On my second lap this morning, I walked to the Bloomingdale's wing, where the Apple Store is located. There were about 3,000,000 people (perhaps a slight exaggeration) waiting there to buy their new iPhones. I did my third lap on the lower floor.
When I passed the nice folks in the Cafe Corridor who were wrapping up their walks, I had some time, so I sat down. One of the guys there (Andy) asked "So how are you, Chris?"
Edward, Kevin, Kiddo (which is sort of flattering), Chris...the last time I looked at my birth certificate, I'm sure it said "Eric".
Work was not bad, but I am wondering what PC #1 told the other two yesterday. PC #2 didn't say anything, but you never know.
I came home and found out that there was a party at one of the neighbor's houses for another neighbor who is moving. Her name is Linda, and she is an absolute sweetheart. I will miss her (and her little dog Sadie) immensely. But when I got home from that and checked my email, there was a message from...Justin.
I figured that once he sent me that email that he cheated on me and got no response, that would be the last I would hear from him. But no, he wanted to tell me about how he and Ronnie are moving to a one-bedroom apartment together. It got deleted forthwith. I wonder if he will ever take the hint.
So that brings us up to speed. I hope that the next few days go all right at work, but a lot can happen in that short space of time. It's time for bed, though.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment