I am listening to the "Special Xmas" channel on XM Radio. It is a channel that I can only tolerate on Christmas Eve, with irreverent holiday songs (like "Santa Claus is a Black Man" or "The Twelve Days of Guido") and comedy bits (a Cheech and Chong skit is playing right now). Sort of an equal-opportunity-offender holiday channel.
It's a nice change of pace from the crap that I have heard since Thanksgiving. But I am glad that after tomorrow, it's all over.
I was kind of alarmed when I stepped on the scale and discovered a reading of 164. I know I haven't been that great lately, but I have been walking, and I didn't think I had eaten that much! A few minutes later, though, my weight was 163, which is the same as it was on Saturday. I know I have no control what will be served the next two days, but I have to remember: I can get back on track starting the 26th. And my final weight loss goal was 165--and that was my stretch goal. My base goal was 170.
I did, however, get my six laps in today at Dulles Town Center. I was thinking about going to Borders, but I had to come home, pack, and things like that.
Now they are playing "Even Squeaky Fromme Loves Christmas." Fascinating.
Another InsightOut mystery: I got an email wishing me a happy holiday and that they "look forward to serving me in 2008." I'm still wondering what is going on with this.
Although I am looking forward to seeing little Josie today, I am a little nervous about what the next two days will bring. My parents will be joining us sometime tomorrow. Bette and Inese (Kari's mom) don't get along that well. And Kari's father Ralph passed away in May. Christmas was his favorite time of the year, so Inese will not exactly be in the greatest frame of mind. Adding to this the tension with Bette, then we will throw in my father, who is still Mister Moody Melancholy over Cathleen (the rest of us still miss her, but we have managed to move forward and enjoy Josie). I prescribe Lithium to Bette and electroshock therapy for my father.
But I will try my best to be tolerant and nice to everyone. Inese, while she tires easily of my shtick, is still a nice lady, and I understand how hard it must be to have lost both a granddaughter and a husband in the space of ten months. So I will be handling everything with nineteen pairs of kid gloves.
No comments:
Post a Comment