Today was an expensive day, but it wasn't like I was making a lot of stupid impulsive purchases. I discovered that I was out of sodas, breakfast items, and lunch food, my cell phone minutes were about to expire (I have a pay-as-you-go cell phone), my Subway card needed to be reloaded (I eat dinner there most nights), and I was low on gas. So $135 later, I am now stocked up on all of these things. I have enough breakfast and lunch items to get me through all of my shifts until the 29th of December, and since I don't use my cell phone that much, I am fine until February for that.
My official weigh-in was today, and it was 161 pounds. So I have four pounds of wiggle room to get me through Christmas. I have several eating occasions coming up: next Saturday night is a party at a couple of friends' house (that would be Phil and Keith), and that same day is my office Christmas party. I plan to eat very lightly at the office party, and if they object, I will be bringing a visual aid to explain why: a pair of my old pants with a 50" waist (I now wear a 36").
The snow from Wednesday is becoming a muddy memory. While there was sleet yesterday, it wasn't to bad driving, and it turned into a pretty nice day, and not as cold.
Diane and I seem to have turned getting kabobs on Saturday night into a tradition, but this is not happening for the next two weeks. As mentioned, next week brings us the Big Gay Christmas Party, and the following Saturday I will be working until ten at night (and turning around and coming back at nine the next morning), so we will see what happens the following Saturday. Another tradition that I have GOT to turn around is this nonsense of doing laundry on Saturday night. I feel like I was back in my freshman year in college: back then, my Saturday night routine was: dinner at 4:30, then I would watch MTV (they played music back in 1990) until about 6:30, then I would go do laundry, then be back in the room for NBC's sitcoms. From then it was a shower, and back in the room to watch "Saturday Night Live" and then go to bed.
Although the laundry takes longer these days and the television has been replaced with this computer and XM Radio, I have realized that in seventeen years, I have made absolutely no progress whatsoever. It is true that I wound up making some friends and hanging out with them during the following years, but I feel like I am back where I started. So in 2008, I have to get out more. That's all there is to it. I need to be going to gay bars and trying to mingle, which is so counterintuitive to everything I have ever done.
So I sign off tonight, hoping that there will be something interesting to write about next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment