Today I was told exactly that by someone who hadn't seen me since last year. I stepped on the scale this morning, and after an initial reading of 160.5 pounds, I was surprised to discover that the next few readings were at 159 pounds. I don't know how I managed to lose two pounds in one day, but I will take it. Of course, I should have stopped losing weight by now, so I need to try to eat more once in a while. This means that with my exercise habits, I need to institute a couple more indulgent days a week.
Today was a cheat day, which was probably more of a maintenance day. It ended with three cookies and a kabob platter, which didn't stay with me for very long, as I immediately had a diarrhea attack once I got home.
I went to the upscale shopping district of Chevy Chase today, braving the raw, cold, damp weather. On my way home, I ate a Subway wrap, and then started walking in the mall. It was about three in the afternoon, and I guess I must have done enough walking in Chevy Chase that I was completely worn out after two laps, instead of my usual three. So I went home, leaving only to go to the kabob place, and then to Safeway, for the cookies and for the ice cream for the root beer floats on Saturday.
As I mentioned yesterday, I got both regular and diet root beer. Tonight I picked up a half gallon of sugar-free ice cream. Cleo's friend D (this isn't a code; he goes by "D"; it's short for Donald) told me that I shouldn't have gotten anything light for this. I think he should open his eyes and see that I have lost 141 pounds, and I don't want to gain it back, nor do I want anyone I work with to get fat on my account. Plus, my boss is diabetic, and if she wants a float, she will be able to have one.
The weather people still really don't know what is going to happen on Saturday. On the radio, the only reference to Saturday came as the "potential" for a winter storm. Now the Weather Channel is talking about a wintry mix. Most of the time, when a storm is two days away, they know what is going to happen.
I had to call my insurance company again. When I had my physical two weeks ago, I called them to arrange for me to get my Zocor sent to me via mail order. They said that the form would be here in 7-10 business days. Well, it's not here. So they are sending it to me again. I'm glad the doctor gave me four weeks' worth of medication to use in the meantime; otherwise I would not taking my medication at all.
I did get my MAD magazine today, and an amazon.com gift card from my friends Matt and Melissa. If I don't get it for Christmas, I will buy MAD's Complete Don Martin. It is $150, but the gift card will help defray the cost of it.
The other thing I want to comment on is that I am wondering whether I should be more concerned than I am about the writers' strike. I seldom watch television anymore (except in the morning, and the Weather Channel when it gets snowy), so it hasn't affected me. So I really don't think about it. Perhaps I will care more if it continues.
No comments:
Post a Comment