Friday, December 14, 2007

Another Reason Why I Detest the Holidays

This is on television all the time these days:

I want to say that I absolutely detest Rachael Ray with a passion. For one thing, it is impossible to see her with anything other than that horribly vapid smile across her face. How many teeth does she have, anyway? Ninety? Hey, Rachael, I have a little bit of money saved, and you can have it all if you can stop smiling for five minutes. Whenever I see her on television, I want to kick the screen in. She is entirely too perky.

I also find this commercial interesting for another reason. When did Dunkin' Donuts start making coffee beverages its focus? You notice that she talks about having a cup of vanilla spice coffee, and then mentions that she splits a doughnut with her mother. It seems that they really don't care if you buy doughnuts from them or not. I also wonder that by having Miss Bug Eyes eat only half a doughnut, they are acknowledging how high in calories the doughnuts are.

Speaking of that, I don't know how on earth I managed to gain three pounds in one day. I know I ate more than usual, but I scarcely believe that I ate 12,700 calories yesterday. So today I held the line at a little more than 1400 calories, walked on my lunch break and also walked after work, just a little less. I didn't get off until seven tonight, so the mall was so crowded that I am glad I only felt the need to walk two laps today (I walked for half an hour or so on my lunch as well).

Tomorrow is the day of the two parties, and it looks like the weather isn't going to be as bad around here as thought. There is a winter storm watch going right now, but the low temperature is only going to be 31 tomorrow night. So I should be able to go to the party and be there for a little while before it gets too bad. A full report will happen tomorrow. I have some stuff to do before I go to bed.

No comments: