Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Bullet Dodged

Thanks to the fickle finger of fate (and my manager), I don't have to deal with Kate tomorrow.

I had looked at a barely-started copy of the January schedule, and I was supposed to be off tomorrow. The final copy changed that completely, and I am working. Not wanting to have to deal with Kate, I called on Friday afternoon (ensuring that she would be at work), and left her a message. Then I text messaged Beth and told her that she didn't have to chaperone me to the trip to her house. Although I feel sort of bad, I am still skittish about being alone in a house with Kate.

Cleo and Julie are entertaining Cleo's friend D. upstairs right now. I came home after kabobs with Diane (and picking up some groceries), said hello, exchanged a few pleasantries, and made a beeline to the Batcave so I could finish laundry. D. is not my friend, so I have no reason whatsoever to stay up there and schmooze. Tonight was the first time since last week that I saw Julie. She has been cat-sitting for her cousin "Mattress Mark." He is called this because back in 2003, he loaned Julie the money so she could buy a pillow-top bed, and she never paid him one thin dime back. Eventually when Cleo and Julie got married (in October of 2004), "Mattress Mark" just said that the bed was their wedding gift. This is the type of person that Julie is.

There really isn't that much to report. I was hoping my books (from InsightOut) or my Looney Tunes DVD (from amazon.com) or my medications (from my mail-order pharmacy) would have arrived, but no such luck. Oh well.

No comments: