Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Fool And His Money

I just did something stupid. I just spent thirty dollars on a pink polo from Abercrombie & Fitch. It is currently in the washer to get the "Fierce" stink out of it. Here is a photo of it.

Now I am wondering why I did this. I am going to Phil and Keith's Memorial Day barbecue on Sunday, and wanted something new to wear. The holiday party was not well attended, so a lot of these people haven't seen me since December of 2005. This is also the first time I will be going to one of these parties with a date. And since this party was announced, I have declared that I was going to be buying myself a new outfit to wear. I bought some khaki cargo shorts a couple of weeks ago, and now I have this shirt.

The fact is that I didn't really want to spend thirty dollars on it. But it looks good on me (at least that is what one of the glamazons at Abercrombie & Fitch said), and I haven't bought anything from there since January (when I bought a purple jacket that I wear quite often). But I don't know if I can wear it to work, and I have a gift card to Banana Republic from Christmas that I haven't used yet. But I can use that at the outlet for some work clothes. Plus, I will be surrounded by a bunch of gay men. Abercrombie & Fitch is part of the gay uniform, especially a faggy pink shirt like the one pictured above.

Justin is going to bingo without me tonight. I have to work tomorrow at nine, so staying out all hours is out. I promised I would call him when I got home (I spoke to him about the shirt), but his voice mail came on. I left a message but he didn't call back. I am not going to sweat it too much.

I weighed 154 this morning. I am not concerned, and I expected to gain more weight than that. Since a week ago Monday, I have eaten far more dessert than I usually do, and have eaten larger meals (like yesterday, when I mooched dinner off Diane). But I have held the line at 1700 calories for today. I got to work this morning at a little after eight for my 9:30 shift, so I took the opportunity to do my walking and get it over with. I was able to just get a sub and go buy my shirt.

So that's about it. Have a nice evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.