Friday, May 16, 2008

Those Nagging Little Doubts...

Perhaps I am just being paranoid, but I am wondering about certain things about Justin.

Let's start with his roommate situation. When I was at his house a few weeks ago, I noticed that there was a magnet on the refrigerator with picture frame letters forming the word "FAMILY". In these letters were photos were various people, including Justin and his brother (who looks like an older, butch version of him). This had me thinking, so I asked Justin what his parents' names were for when I meet them, and he told me. I plugged his father's name into Google and, lo and behold, Justin's home address popped up. Yes, dear readers, Justin still lives with his parents.

Now I am wondering what else he has been holding back from me. And the fact that his friend Simon actually mentioned that he lives with his parents (only to be corrected by Justin) makes me wonder what else Simon said (he said that Justin was saying some nasty things about me) that was true. Also, I am wondering why he is not telling me that he still lives with his parents. I mentioned this to my aunt, and he said that perhaps he is ashamed. And this explains why I thought his room looked like that of a teenage girl; he has obviously been living there since he was a teenager.

I don't really care that he lives with his parents. If he can save money and can live with them without a lot of problems, that's fine with me. What gets me is that he isn't exactly being forward with me. On Thursday morning, he told me he had to go home to pick up "something" before work, and wouldn't tell me what it was. More mystery. So I am starting to get a little concerned.

This has also been complicated by the fact that the past two times we have gone out to Freddie's for bingo, a couple of his friends have whispered in his ear while looking at me. This doesn't help my paranoia either. I am wondering if I am being played for a chump.

Of course, there are things that I haven't told him, either, mostly about the existence of this blog, and the fact that pictures of him are online (other than on his MySpace page). But for the most part, I have been quite honest about myself.

Bingo was fun, though. They started at nine instead of ten, so we got out of there a little earlier. Making it more fun was the fact that I actually won a miniature charcoal grill. It was the last game of the night, which was a "full card" bingo, and I won the grill and a pair of monkey flip-flops. We then went home, but after these nagging doubts started to kick in, I wasn't exactly in the mood for anything. I would have preferred that he just had gone home, but he stayed the night anyway.

So he is going to be here tomorrow night as well, and we are going to karaoke. I get off at three, and we are meeting at Tysons. It will be my first "skip day" with exercise since May 7th. Operation Mitigation is a question mark. On Wednesday, I did eat some sweets (two cookies after lunch and a piece of cake at Freddie's), but I did my usual walking at the mall, plus I walked to Target to meet Justin that night. Also mitigating the sweets was that I had a Boca Burger for dinner. And today I had about 1510 calories. My clothes don't feel any tighter. So hopefully I did all right.

And if not, well, I needed to gain a couple of pounds anyway. But let's table that discussion for tonight. Eric out.

No comments: