Where to begin...let's start with another singer I like. His name is Paddy Casey. I like this song. And when describing him to Julie, I told her, "and he's not gay!" That's right. I actually like a heterosexual folk rocker.
And now, the news: first up, my weight was once again 152.5, which was answered by a cheat day like no other. I am guessing about 4000 calories for the day. I will probably be having a food hangover tomorrow. I guess this is my body's way of telling me to knock it off. So we will be taking it easy tomorrow with the eating. Of course, it wouldn't really hurt for me to gain a couple of pounds.
I was awakened at six this morning by Julie banging on my door. I was worried that she was going to tell me that the rains last night (into today) had flooded out the parking lot. Instead, she told me that she was going to grind some coffee beans and not to be alarmed by the noise. I think she had an ulterior motive, though; I am wondering if she was nosing around to see if Justin was in bed with me. I told her tonight that after three and a half years of Cleo's expletive-riddled dish washing at five in the morning, I was pretty much accustomed to kitchen noises at the crack of dawn.
Because of the early wake-up call, I took the opportunity to get myself together and swim to work. It was still pouring down rain this morning, and made for an annoying commute. I was mildly annoyed, but I felt sorry for the people who had their roads and homes flooded out. I hope they will recover. I did indeed walk for an hour (with my weights), and got to work a little before ten.
At about one o'clock, the part-timer called and said that she would not be coming in. Since I was the 10-7 person, I stayed until close. I am a little tired now (and queasy from all the sweets I ate today), but this is a win-win-win-win situation:
WIN NUMBER ONE: I got my exercising done, in spite of working till nine. Working under the assumption that the part timer would be calling out finally paid off.
WIN NUMBER TWO: It stopped raining while I was at work, so I missed it on the way home.
WIN NUMBER THREE: I missed the traffic going home, as well as an evening spent in the presence of Julie.
WIN NUMBER FOUR: Since overtime is verboten, I have to shave the two hours. I will be doing so on Saturday, making for an early start to my day off on Sunday. Freddie's, here I come!
So like one of my co-workers says, "It's all good." And I am now on my evening perch, in my jammies, ready to go to bed. I will be working another later shift tomorrow (my fourth in a week), so I can sleep until eight before getting there to walk before my shift again. The way my schedule has panned out, I will probably only be walking in the evening exactly once this week, on Friday.
As for the extra carbohydrates I ate, let's just remember:
I am underweight.
I have not missed a day of exercise in almost a week.
I have an extremely high metabolism.
I don't eat an extra side of eggs, three cookies, a pack of mini donuts, two full size donuts, and an English muffin very often.
Tomorrow, the calorie count starts again at zero, and I have a new day to eat properly and exercise.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment