Friday, May 30, 2008

While My iPod Charges

I am sitting here, having had a kabob platter for dinner, and still dealing with the effects of it (so much for my clean toilet), and I am trying to finish laundry before I go to bed.

One thing I did not mention is that between cookies yesterday, I went to a store on my lunch break and bought Britney Spears' most recent album. I listened to the first part of it on the way to meet Justin, and the rest this morning. I am deeply ashamed of the fact that not only did I buy it, I actually like it. I sent Beth a text message saying this, and she sent me back: "I'm ashamed too. Make me a copy."

I also love the new Madonna album, and with the exception of one song ("Spanish Lesson"), both albums are on my iPod in their entirety.

I set my alarm for six this morning, and got myself up and moving, and was walking at Tysons by about 7:40. I finished at about 8:30, with plenty of time to dry out before starting my shift. I held the line when it came to eating, and finished the day at about 1800 calories. Provided the 2500-calorie number is accurate, I have begun to mitigate the effects of yesterday.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I am going to be eating dinner at Justin's grandmother's house. I will try to eat moderately until then, and I will be walking first thing in the morning, as usual. I will be changing to a clean outfit for dinner and for when we go out later.

I have been reading a couple of interesting books lately. A few months ago, my book club had a book offered by an author named Victor Banis called "Longhorns." There was an introduction to this book, which chronicled how back in the 1960's, this author wrote pulp paperbacks under various pseudonyms. Several of these were a series of campy spy novels about a gay sleuth named Jackie Holmes, who worked for an organization called C.A.M.P. They never do say what the letters stand for. There were eight or nine of these, and I have bought two anthologies, with six of these novellas altogether. In these books, C.A.M.P. is a large underground organization devoted to the betterment of homosexuals the world over, whether it be legal trouble, education, or investigation.

I think that the gay world needs an organization like C.A.M.P. Even though we have made progress, it would be nice to have someplace like that to turn to if we needed help. And someone like Jackie Holmes, who is a master of gemology, botany, and other sciences, as well as being able to speak many languages fluently, and has a toy poodle named Sophie who is trained to kill could make a useful friend.

But back to reality: I called Kari last night, and told her that I was off with no plans on Sunday, and asked if I could come see them. I laid it on thick, telling her that she didn't have to feed me, and that I hadn't seen them since Christmas. Now I have bought some books for Josie, and I can use giving them to her as another ploy to force their hand. I hope it works...I really miss Josie.

It's just another interesting coincidence of life: Josie and Justin have the same initials (first, middle, and last), and they are the only people I have seen naked recently.

On that note, I will say goodnight, hopefully with a full report on Sunday about how Saturday went. Eric OUT.

No comments: