Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rain...

This is a video of a new artist that I discovered in the pages of "The Advocate." His name is Steven Alvarado. I have two of his albums, and plan to get the others. Perhaps it will be my way of attempting to stimulate the national economy.


Today, in spite of my general fatigue over working what I perceive to be an awful lot without a break, I felt like it was good to go to work, since the weather was awful and the alternative would be to entertain Julie all day. I got my exercise done before going in, and ate reasonably throughout the day. While I did eat about 1900 calories yesterday, I did do some exercise, so I think I was fine. And I ate about 1700 calories today. And I am hungry. Keeping this in mind, I might step on the scale tomorrow to see if I have successfully offset my binge from Wednesday.

I went to Subway after work with Beth, and she wanted to go to Target to pick up a couple of things. Since she drove last time, it was my turn, and it was horrible driving in a monsoon tonight. It has rained nonstop for most of the day, and it is not set to stop anytime soon. While at Target, I prided myself for forgoing both their popcorn and their cookies (even though I had a coupon), and I bought some cereal bowls, thinking that I could use them for my oatmeal in the morning. Unfortunately, they are not microwave safe. So they are going back.

Justin is home, and he and I are going to be together on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Julie and Cleo don't know this. And if I am lucky enough, they won't know anything about Tuesday night. I am working yet another late shift, and then coming home with Justin. With any luck, the Tweedles will be in bed by the time we get home and will be at work by the time we get up.

So here I am, sitting here, listening to the both XM 77 and the rain, dreading the commute tomorrow. I hope that none of the roads will be flooded out. I work from 10-7 tomorrow, and was hoping to get to work extra early so I can do a "bet-hedging" power walk, but I am wondering if that is going to happen. We will know for sure tomorrow.

What I'd like to do is call off work, and take a mental health day. But I don't think I could get away with that. And let's face it; when Cathleen was sick, all I wanted to do every single day was call off, roll over, and go back to sleep. But I managed to get into work every single day, and I can do this again tomorrow.

No comments: