Monday, May 26, 2008

Glorious! Glorious!! Glorious!!!

I am sitting here now, having eaten an estimated 1900 calories (most of which in the last two hours), watching "Wheel of Fortune" and wrapping up two of the most gloriously beautiful days off I have had in a long time.

Last night, after publishing my blog entry, I headed to bed and was sound asleep about thirty seconds after I turned out the light. I woke up at 7:30 with a food hangover, so instead of eating a sandwich at Burger King, I had an English muffin before having a drink and power walking. I know from experience that the mall is a madhouse on Memorial Day, so I wanted to get the walking out of the way before the stores opened.

I was finished by 10:15, and since it was too early to get popcorn, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some staples before heading to Target. On my way home, I stopped at another Target to pick up my lunches for the coming week. I finally arrived home with all of my shopping bags to find Julie still in her nightgown and Cleo on the computer. Julie told me that they were going to Seven Corners to exchange some shoes, and also to feed her cousin's cats, so I decided to join them. Julie also said that we were going to be going to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. I told her I wouldn't be eating, as I had a food hangover from the previous day.

We got into their car, and started out. It was pretty uneventful as far as trips with Julie go, except for her incessant griping about how her leg hurt. Hey Julie: I heard you the first time. Your leg hurts. Sorry. Now shut the hell up. Wah Wah Wah.

When we got to the restaurant, I just drank iced tea and text messaged a little with Justin. I was starting to feel hungry, but I wanted to have a kabob today, and I was not going to give Julie the satisfaction of giving in to her temptation. So when we got home, I went downstairs for a couple of minutes before heading out for my kabob.

The weather was still beautiful: eighty-three degrees, sunny, and low humidity. I walked the mile and a half or so to the kabob place, ate my kabob, and walked back. I then made up some sugar-free pudding and came back downstairs.

Unfortunately, the best days off have to come to an end. The $600 car repair bill and the annoying trip with Julie notwithstanding, this has been a great couple of days. Dinner with Beth, Ted, and Justin, karaoke, the barbecue, and a day like today.

Of course, I am not looking forward to yet another late shift tomorrow. I seem to be working an awful lot of them lately. Like the day after I ate that 4000-calorie day, I think I might just eat one breakfast sandwich tomorrow in the hope of offsetting the calories consumed on Saturday and Sunday. It all depends on how hungry I am. We will see.

No comments: