Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Night. Whoopie!!!

I don't subscribe to the point of view of being thrilled about the weekend, especially when I have to work both tomorrow and Sunday. However, I am not complaining. If I were off this weekend, I would be stuck in the vicinity of Julie. Cleo is off this weekend, so if I were not working, she would try to guilt me into going with her to her various places. I really don't want to do this. 

Part of this involves going out with some friends she has made. I am absolutely thrilled that she has made a couple of friends. This means that she will have someone else to complain to. I am waiting for these people to grow tired of her and stop calling. This usually happens; it's just a matter of time.

I have been good with the eating since Tuesday, topping out at fewer than 1600 calories each day. I have also gotten myself back to walking. And with my main kabob buddy Diane on a cruise this week, I should be able to resist until next week before I need a chicken kobeeda again. I still feel like a lardass, but my co-workers tell me that I am looking just fine. 

But I have to remember: hunger = strength. If I am hungry, it means that I am not overeating, and using my fat reserves instead of food. I will get myself back to 154 pounds, and if I slip below that, that is just fine too. 

I am running a couple of loads of laundry tonight. I used an extra pair of pants on Sunday, when I went into work on my day off. If I don't wash tonight, Julie might use the washer tomorrow night and leave me with no clean pants on Sunday. 

I am off next weekend, and it looks as if I won't be seeing Kyle and Kari, since they have not responded to my email. I wonder if I should return the doll I bought for Josie's Christmas present, knowing that they are shutting me out of their lives. I have until December 21st to make that decision. The other decision I have to make is how to get out of this house early each day next weekend and not come back until late at night. Freddie's, anyone???

I haven't gotten in touch with Justin since yesterday morning. I wonder if he is okay. I was hoping he would have called me.

Sorry about the lack of excitement, but that's how life is right now.

Eric Out.

2 comments:

Yara said...

I don't know how you do it, I hate working weekends, it just makes me feel like I no time for myself. I have to tell you I just LOVE Yara time.

As for Julie, Eric I have to tell you by the sound of it, you have a LOT of co-depended friends. I can tolerate people like that for a little while, I get frustrated with ME people

Eric said...

Working during the weekend does have other advantages, though; it gives me some free time during the week that I can get things done.

You're right that I do have co-dependent friends. It's just that since I live with Julie, she sticks in my mind more than the others.