Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today Was A Bust!

First off, watch this video. Doesn't part of it sound an awful lot like "Cracklin' Rosie" by Neil Diamond?


After I typed that last entry, I went back to my bedroom and took a forty-five minute nap. After that, I went out to get gas, and Justin texted me and told me that his neck was starting to feel better. I immediately texted him back and asked him if he wanted me to come over. That was the last communication we had. Suddenly his cell phone stopped working, and he didn't pick up on his home phone.

Knowing that I was about to go on an eating binge (I did have a hot dog, some soup, and one cookie, but that would probably qualify as lunch), I decided to drive my ass to Dulles Town Center and walk for an hour. Even though I had already walked at Tysons this morning, I needed to get the stress out somehow. So I walked five laps, then went to Walmart for a box of oatmeal (they have a kind I like that's only available there), and then went to Quiznos for a sub and some baked potato chips and a donut.

I came home to find Julie, Cleo, and Julie's tattooed dyke friend sitting on the sofa, and I mixed up some sugar-free pudding, did everyone else's dishes, then ate the pudding in the Batcave. Yes, I still ate more sweets than I probably should have, but keep in mind it was "a" cookie, "a" donut, and "a" tub of low-calorie pudding. That would be the same calories as three of the cookies. So I still think I did okay. I don't feel sick to my stomach, I did extra walking, and if the past two years have been any indication, I will be getting right back to routine when I go back to work on Tuesday.

Now I am wondering how the hell I am going to spend tomorrow, other than getting my oil changed in my car and doing my walking. I am also wondering what happened to Justin. Julie suggested that I find out his landlord's home phone number and call there, but I told her that I am not a stalker. I should have said, I'm not you.

I mentioned in a previous entry that I was having some problems with my XM radio. Since last week, when using the boombox, I have had this high-pitched squeal in the background. Making things more fun is that I sometimes haven't gotten any music; just the high-pitched squeal. Well, tonight, after I got back from Sterling (the trip qualified as needing the satellite radio), I plugged the radio into the boombox, and I got nothing. I re-plugged it, turned it on, and lo and behold, I had music, and the squeal was gone. I hope that this means the problem is solved.

This is a good thing. I was hoping to watch "Family Guy" tonight, but it isn't on. Instead, they are showing baseball. I thought that by now baseball would have been over. So I am listening to XM 77 once again, and they have a show dedicated to Iranian New Age Music. I think I am changing the channel to XM 84, the low-NRG electronica station. It's basically techno without drums.

So we began the entry with a long-forgotten minor hit by Robin Gibb (the Bee Gee with no talent), and end with XM Chill. I might be turning in a little early tonight. Even if I don't get right to sleep, I can still relax in bed.

Eric Out (again!).

No comments: