I sit here, full of pizza from Ledo's, ready to get myself back into diet mode. I work from tomorrow until Saturday. I hope I don't get any adverse temptations with food so I can just stay solidly on track to mitigate the effects of this weekend.
As you know, yesterday saw me upset at hearing nothing from Justin for the entire evening, with his cell phone not working and his not answering his home line. I carried this anxiety for the entire night (talking to Sean via AIM about it as well) into the morning.
I did my usual Tysons walking, then drove to Jiffy Lube for the oil change that I mentioned yesterday. Since I was in Annandale, I decided to buzz by Justin's place to see if his car was there. It wasn't, so I went to Fair Oaks with my iPod, and walked four more laps.
While I was there, I stopped in at the Apple Store to check my email. Justin wrote me a note saying that he fell asleep yesterday until three in the morning, and that he ran out of minutes on his cell phone (he has a pay-as-you-go phone because he couldn't afford his old cell phone anymore). I don't know what to think about this, since he signed onto AIM twice while I was chatting with Sean, and signed immediately back off. He also said that he would be home at eight tonight. I sincerely hope I can talk to him. One would think after eight months, I wouldn't be this insecure, but I am.
Cleo was home today, due to it being Columbus Day. I came home after my second walk of the day, and he asked if I wanted to join him for an outside stroll at a trail nearby. I figured what the heck; I already had walked more than seven miles, what's another three or four? Plus, how often do I get to spend some time with Cleo without Julie stalking us via his cell phone? Julie was at work, so she couldn't bother us.
With all the walking, I justified going to Ledo's for pizza. Did I eat too much? Probably. But if people don't offer me food besides my usual workday fare, I will be just fine. I don't know why I am worried about this; I only do this every single day off, then offset it during the week.
So I am here, listening to XM radio once again. My legs are sore, and I have to work at nine tomorrow. There is a recognition breakfast at work tomorrow; it starts at eight, but I am going to get there at nine, when the awards actually start. I don't really want to sit through it (I don't qualify for any of the awards), but I guess I have to if I want to make nice with the management.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment