Today began at 6:30 with a step on the scale, on which I found the number 154.5 staring me in the face. Since I seem to overeat whenever I step on the scale, today was no exception. We are not discussing today's calories. The pain in my stomach should act as a deterrent against this. I expect a food hangover tomorrow.
I did exactly what I said I was going to do today: walking, then a movie, then a haircut, then chilling until it was time to go for dinner with Diane. Julie had dinner with her mother, her cousin "Mattress Mark" (the origin for this name explained here), and his wife Christine.
I got home, and Julie and her mother Tova were sitting in the living room, getting ready to watch an episode of "Bones." I invited Tova to Freddie's sometime for karaoke, and Julie got all pissy, saying that I seem to invite everyone except for her. She's right. She might also have noticed that when she meets my friends, she does so exactly once, and then they want nothing more to do with her. I am sure that the instant that Tova heads out that I will hear about it. Except for my living room lamp, all of the lights are now off. She can think I retired for the evening, provided she doesn't hear the XM radio.
I hope Justin is feeling better tomorrow. He has quite a day planned for us if he is, and since it has been nearly two weeks since I last saw him, I am missing him.
After the movie (which was quite good), I called Kyle and Kari, and confirmed that I would be seeing them for dinner on the 25th. She banged the drum about not ignoring me, much like Kyle tends to do, but I still am not buying it. My telephone works perfectly well. She and Kyle can call me whenever they want. Since I was the one who reached out for this, I am guessing that they don't want. And as for inviting Justin, he needs to check his schedule.
During my various travels and time today, I listened to an episode of "American Top 40" from 1974. I noticed that unlike the 1980's, Casey Kasem wasn't as chatty about the songs in the 1970's. Also, the show was shorter. I guess that when the show expanded to four hours, he had extra time to blather on about the stories behind the music.
But now, it is a little after nine in the evening. My new issues of Mad and Out arrived today, which is good since there won't be any more mail delivered until Tuesday. And according to my account, I should start receiving my Us Weekly with the next issue. So all I need is to get my first copy of Genre, and things should be square. I haven't seen a new issue of it at any bookstores, so I am wondering what is going on with the magazine. We will see.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment