Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Idiotic Saga That Will Never End!

I still can't get these magazine subscriptions settled. 

First, Genre finally got around to depositing my check. It only took a month. Now all they need to do is send me the magazine.

But I noticed that Instinct had a new issue at Barnes & Noble yesterday, and I still had not received my copy. So I sent an email asking where it was. Remember that I did this when I had not yet received my bill, and they said that my bill would arrive six weeks after my first issue.

I heard back from the same gentleman who had responded to me before, a pleasant-sounding gentleman named Ruben. He said that my subscription had been suspended due to non-payment, but since they had received my payment on 9/19 (after the October issue was sent out), he would have a copy sent to me. 

How can I put this...WHAT THE FUCK???

First off, they sent me the bill when I was out of town, which was from 9/7 to 9/16. When I got the bill, the due date was 9/12. Even if I had gotten the bill on 9/8, it still would have been impossible to send it to get there before the twelfth. Why did they send me the bill so late? And why is it that they were so quick to suspend the subscription, even though I was only one week late with the payment?

So folks, I urge you: if you ever subscribe to a magazine, never, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER use the "Bill Me Later" option. Just write them a check of subscribe online. It isn't worth this. Remember, I dropped that subscription postcard into the mailbox on the thirty-first of MAY. It is now the FIRST OF OCTOBER. And it STILL isn't resolved! The folks at Instinct should be glad I like their magazine, for as much drama as the subscription department has caused me. 

Kyle and Kari still haven't responded to me. Big shocker there. I wonder I'm right, that they wish I didn't exist.

I had my performance review today. While I am not going into specifics here, I am shocked that I got a raise, with this economy. My work, though, was considered good this year. So at least that anxiety is done and over with. 

I got myself back on track today for eating and exercise, and since I work at ten tomorrow, I don't have to get up as early for walking. I hope tomorrow is a good day.

Eric OUT.

No comments: