Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thinking About Computer Classes. And A Resume.

Yes, folks, another couple of rotten days at work.

Add to that all of the gloom-and-doom about the economy, and I am wondering if it might be time to learn some computer skills that go beyond using a Mac for downloading iTunes and keeping a blog. I suppose it might be time for me to learn something about Windows computers and get that skill down, just in case I find myself unemployed.

The truth is that I really don't have a whole lot of wants. What do I want, people?

I want to spend an afternoon lying on my bed under the Elmo blanket with my arms around Justin, watching a movie.

I want to go have a kabob with Beth, and just hang out. And I want Beth to acknowledge that I just kept my promise to renew her subscription to Out for her Christmas gift. She will be receiving it now through March of 2012. I also want her to be able to find a job.

I want to see Josie more often than I do.

I want to take some time off from work without worrying about what they will rake me over the coals for when I come back. And whatever it is, I want to hear about it once, not two or three times.

I want to go mall-hopping with Diane.

Are these things too much to ask?

And so far, the only want that is anywhere near coming to pass is seeing Josie. I am going to Kyle and Kari's for dinner on Saturday. And in spite of the stress I have been feeling, I have already begun my Christmas shopping. I have gotten gifts for Bette, Justin, and Josie, and I might be getting a little something more for Josie and Justin. We will see about that. The budget will be slightly lower than last year for gifts. Kyle and Kari weren't impressed at the piano I got for Josie last year, so I am just getting a couple of little things she can play with now. 

Justin said he wanted a nice pen, so I went to Things Remembered tonight and bought him one, and had it engraved with his name. I am normally very loath to shop at Things Remembered (considering that during the six months I worked there, my evil boss accused me of stealing), but I have to remember that no one from my time there still works for the company. I also have to keep in mind that this was back in 1995. I hope Justin likes the pen. 

In spite of all the stress, I have managed to keep the eating to a minimum for the past couple of days, and if I don't get any temptation, I will continue to be able to do so. Right now I am at the point where I am too stressed to eat, so yesterday I ate 1340 calories, and today I ate 1535. So Saturday's dinner notwithstanding, I hopefully can get back to 154 in the next couple of weeks.

So, all I can do is try my best not to obsess and brood about the occurrences of the last week at work. I really hope things get better soon. 

Eric Out.


No comments: